Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Dreamweaver auto suggest for codeigniter?

[eluser]adityamenon[/eluser]
I used to heavily depend on Dreamweaver's auto-suggest for quickly typing PHP scripts before I converted to CI. Now, DW still shows already defined variables, native PHP functions, etc., but is there any plugin or something out there that can help embed CI functions and classes into auto-suggest? Especially base_url() is frequently typed when creating view files and I would love it if I didn't have to disturb my clipboard just to avoid typing it...

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
You might be talking about intellisense. You should try Aptana, it's free and has code hinting like what you're looking for.
But the best for me is phpDesigner. Though it's not free, it's fast, full of essential features like jQuery code hinting and stuff and of course provides intellisense for CodeIgniter as well.

As far as I know even the latest Dreamweaver doesn't support it. Perhaps the upcoming Dreamweaver cs6 will have it. Try my suggestions if you really need it :cheese:

Sorry can't put url, I think it's prohibited for new members like me.

[eluser]adityamenon[/eluser]
Thanks, I'll try Aptana. I've exhausted my software budget with the DW license, can't spare any more $$$ for phpDesigner. Someone else recommended using NetBeans in another forum, but I believe it uses 500MB of memory to function - unacceptable.

[eluser]jmp909[/eluser]
try this for handy autocompletion in aptana
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/187641/#916930

[eluser]ludo31[/eluser]
please how do you configure to work Codeigniter with Dreamweaver ???

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB