Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
facebook adding invalid query string in my codeigniter segment based url

[eluser]dsi[/eluser]
hi everybody,
am sure this is a common error.

I have a website that uses fb comment and fb like. When someone comments or likes the page that post is published in their fb wall. when anyone click in that wall then Facebook redirects them to my website. (am sure everyone knows this). Problem is Facebook ads extra query string in that URL but my website doesn't support query string. so the "Page not found" error is shown.

Is there any easy way to overcome this error. Can i make CI to just ignore that query string or can i optionally enable query string.
I tried to enable query string in config page and lot of things got broken in my website including pagination.

Please Help, thanks in advance

[eluser]toopay[/eluser]
First, you need to configure you CI apps, so that you can accept (because it supposed could!) an uri like
http://yourawesomecisite.com/somecontroller/?foo=bar

If your apps, for somehow, can't do that, i'll suggest you fix that first (by your mod rewrite configuration, htaccess and so on). Then later, we can talk about fb api, oauth stuff, and so on.

[eluser]osci[/eluser]
from latest config.php of core

Code:
$config['enable_query_strings'] = FALSE;
$config['controller_trigger']   = 'c';
$config['function_trigger']     = 'm';
$config['directory_trigger']    = 'd'; // experimental not currently in use

@dsi I believe you are using segment urls. In reactor there is another option in config
Code:
$config['allow_get_array'] = TRUE;
which keeps you using segment urls and accept query strings also.\
Don't know if there is a workaround for core though.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB