Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New to PHP and Codeigniter

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello world!
I am an intern and have been tasked to change the style of multiple PHP pages. I am proficient in HTML, CSS, and some Javascript. From what I've gathered by reading through the intro Codeigniter is to PHP as Jquery is to Javascript. I understand that is has other functions of course and that is why I am posting. I am looking for a bit more in depth intro and was unable to find it in the forum. Thanks to any that reply, I know helping new writers is not what the forums are generally for.

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
Hi, welcome to Codeigniter,

You can take a look in the wiki for instance here: Wiki tutorial
and in the User guide for more indepth information.

Iḿ sure what your looking for but this is a good place to start

[eluser]cyberjunkie[/eluser]
For me Codeigniter is a framework that helps you develop websites much faster and securely. For a simple task such as changing page styles it might be overkill. However I recommend that you learn Codeigniter if you plan to develop websites. General PHP knowledge is required.

[eluser]TallowMan[/eluser]
Hi,

Have a look at these tutorials from nettuts - in my opinion, priceless! They don't take long to work through and very quickly give you an idea of how things work. As another poster has said though, at least a basic understanding of PHP would be helpful.

http://net.tutsplus.com/sessions/codeign...m-scratch/

cheers,
TallowMan

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB