Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Retrieving URL's from an includes file?

[eluser]TallowMan[/eluser]
Hi All,

Been using Codeigniter now for about a month, and I must say it's changed my world :-)

After searching through the user manual and google, there is one thing I haven't been able to find an answer to though.

Back in the dark days before codeigniter, I would have all my internal site URL's in an includes file, with URL variables assigned as such: $home_URL = "home.php", as a quick example. Therefore, saving me from hunting through the code if a URL had to change.

Is there an MVC way of doing this, or a specific codeigniter way of doing this, or do I just call in an includes file as before, leading to "echo site_url($home)"?

Thanks for taking the time to read.

TallowMan

[eluser]rogierb[/eluser]
If you want to use an internal reference to a url, you could create a new config file and store your urls there.
Then autoload that config and user the values.

I rather use Routes see http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...uting.html since that is the CI way of doing things.
Not really what you asked though.

[eluser]TallowMan[/eluser]
I had a look at Routes, but wasn't sure it was exaclty what I was looking for. Maybe I just didn't understand it properly! But since you mentioned it, I'll have another look, as I would prefer to be doing things the 'CI way'.

Cheers,
TallowMan

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB