Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A Question that you've seen hundred of times ...How to dive into MVC and Code Igniter

[eluser]Ali Kimiagar[/eluser]
Hi,
Since yesterday I decided to learn a PHP MVC framework ...
I started with CakePHP ... it looks a little hard to learn, then I asked myself why you don't taste CodeIgniter...
I've just watched the 9 min Introduction and 20 min Blog Tutorial ..

CI looks Great and Easy ...
but ... I've never used any frameworks like CakePHP or CodeIgniter ...

First of all I would ask "Does it worth to learn these frameworks!?"
I mean I can write anything I want ... should I use those frame works?

As I know CakePHP lets you to have great MODELS that you yourself write them , but CI does the models automatically

You as the one who has used CI for many times , is it good to let CI to make models?

jQuery and jQuery ...
is it easy to use jQuery and ajax in projects that uses CI?

and how to dive in it?

last question : CakePHP or CodeIgninter ...

Thanks in advance,
Ali

P.S :
I've already read the benchmarks of CI and CakePHP ...

Sorry if my English doesn't look well Wink

[eluser]Amitabh Roy[/eluser]
Tutorials - http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Category:Help::Tutorials

How to use setup jquery in CI http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/172363/

[eluser]jmadsen[/eluser]
Since we've seen this question a million times, we've probably answered it a million times...

Google's your friend ;-)

[eluser]nZac[/eluser]
Well geez guys, that is now way to welcome a new member to the community.

Welcome Ali! Pull up a chair, grab a beer (if you prefer non-alcoholic drinks there are cokes in the drawer) and get ready to have some fun coding.

Quote:First of all I would ask “Does it worth to learn these frameworks!?”
I mean I can write anything I want ... should I use those frame works?

There are a lot of advantages to using a framework, here are three:

1. It normally quicker to do simple task like sessions, database queries can be done with one line, email and unit testing all in one easy to use, clean format.
2. CI is fast and has very little bloat and what it does have it makes up with simplicity features
3. A great, Active community. No better community on the inter-webs for a PHP framework

Quote:jQuery and jQuery ...
is it easy to use jQuery and ajax in projects that uses CI?
I have not used the JS classes yet, but I here they are nice.

Quote:You as the one who has used CI for many times , is it good to let CI to make models?
The nice part about CI is you can do it however you want. Now, there are best practices, but that never stopped anyone!

If you have question just ask, but make sure you do research first, this is your one and only 'no research' question.

Welcome,
AckToon

Thanks to Amitabh Roy and jmadse.

and nZac <3

Quote:Welcome Ali! Pull up a chair, grab a beer (if you prefer non-alcoholic drinks there are cokes in the drawer) and get ready to have some fun coding.
I prefer non-alcoholic Wink
Thanks.

Your information was really cool , to be honest last night I decided to learn CakePHPbut you have changed my mind Tongue

Quote:If you have question just ask, but make sure you do research first, this is your one and only ‘no research’ question.
I know , I didn't even want to make this thread but you know if you doubt about something you gotta ask.

anyways thanks to you Smile

Bests from Iran,
ALi

[eluser]nZac[/eluser]
I would encourage you to play around in CI for a little bit. Try and come up with a simple website from start to finish, use sessions: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...sions.html to create an authentication site or start messing around with ActiveRecord: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...ecord.html to play with a DB!

Cheers,
Nick

I just learn about Models ,Controllers ,Views and some small stuff like passing variables to views or getting form values from views ...

I'll try them,
Thanks

[eluser]Amitabh Roy[/eluser]
Welcome Ali. Its great you picked up things fast. As @nZac mentioned try to come up with a simple website. The forum is a very helpful place, if you hit upon problems with CI the folks here will definitely help you out.
All the best for your first CI project! :coolsmile:

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB