Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
File Folder Is Not Writable

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2014, 11:40 AM by djcata.)

i get File Folder Is Not Writable when i go to certain pages , what does it means ?

i cheked permissions and are ok ,so i do not know what is the problem

No such error is triggered/displayed by CodeIgniter. It's caused either by your own code or an external library that you're using.

ok i will look ,problem is that is not my code

Note: Codeigniter has a difficult time with relative paths to file locations, so if the code is trying relative you can attempt to use something like

PHP Code:
$_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] . "/dir/script_name.php" 

(12-06-2014, 04:54 AM)trentramseyer Wrote: Note: Codeigniter has a difficult time with relative paths to file locations, so if the code is trying relative you can attempt to use something like

PHP Code:

As I already said, this is not a CI-triggered error. Your hint couldn't help because "CodeIgniter has a difficult time with relative paths".

(12-05-2014, 12:38 AM)djcata Wrote: i cheked permissions and are ok ,so i do not know what is the problem

Did you check ownership of the folder?  Under Linux, Apache will reject a file or folder without matching ownership.
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

i will check that too

(12-06-2014, 12:42 PM)Narf Wrote:
(12-06-2014, 04:54 AM)trentramseyer Wrote: Note: Codeigniter has a difficult time with relative paths to file locations, so if the code is trying relative you can attempt to use something like

PHP Code:

As I already said, this is not a CI-triggered error. Your hint couldn't help because "CodeIgniter has a difficult time with relative paths".

I am glad you already said that, and well, I don't care you did.

Some newer programmers have a hard time distinguishing what is a Codeigniter only issue vs what is a common error with PHP. Many of Codeigniters docs use relative path as examples.

For example, their upload class
PHP Code:
$config['upload_path'] = './uploads/';
$config['allowed_types'] = 'gif|jpg|png';
$config['max_size'] = '100';
$config['max_width'] = '1024';
$config['max_height'] = '768'

However that may not work out of the box implementing those settings in some scenarios. So guess what, they will come to these forums and ask questions like this and we can try and be helpful, or you can post your nonsense of "too bad so sad"

I understand most of your posts seem to show you are short on time for answers and patience with any question you don't deem valid, but the rest of use like to try and help others out without telling them to go pound sand.

(12-07-2014, 04:01 PM)trentramseyer Wrote:
(12-06-2014, 12:42 PM)Narf Wrote:

PHP Code:

I am glad you already said that, and well, I don't care you did.

Some newer programmers have a hard time distinguishing what is a Codeigniter only issue vs what is a common error with PHP.  Many of Codeigniters docs use relative path as examples.

For example, their upload class

PHP Code:
$config['upload_path'] = './uploads/';
$config['allowed_types'] = 'gif|jpg|png';
$config['max_size'] = '100';
$config['max_width'] = '1024';
$config['max_height'] = '768'

However that may not work out of the box implementing those settings in some scenarios.  So guess what, they will come to these forums and ask questions like this and we can try and be helpful, or you can post your nonsense of "too bad so sad"

I understand most of your posts seem to show you are short on time for answers and patience with any question you don't deem valid, but the rest of use like to try and help others out without telling them to go pound sand.

My answers are short because I try to be precise and not shoot in the dark when I don't have to.

Nothing in this thread has hinted at an issue with absolute vs. relative paths, yet you're trying to help with exactly that and you're citing CI's "difficult time" with absolute vs. relative after it was already known that the issue at hand is not triggered by CI. Sure, sometimes a relative path won't work while an absolute would, but it has nothing to do with permissions ...

Point is, it's nice that you're trying to help, but you're helping with the wrong problem.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB