Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Send an HTML email?

[eluser]zxcv[/eluser]
Hello!

I'm currently working on a form, a reportform. It includes many of the standard form fields, such as: textfields, textareas, checkboxes, radiobuttons, select dropdownmenus. There are pretty many of these things.

The information that is submitted is stored in a database. Incase a field that isn't required is left empty, it's stored in the database as an empty string.

The thing here is that the reportinformation is going to be sent to some people, and it's gonna be sent in HTML format. This is were I get confused, since I've no idea on how to do it. My first idea was to use the ob_start function, but is that a good idea when using CodeIgniter? I've never used the function before...and also, if I'm to use it, shall I do it within the controller? Is there any "CodeIgniter-way" to use the ob-function?

Thank you!
zxcv

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...views.html

Quote:There is a third optional parameter lets you change the behavior of the function so that it returns data as a string rather than sending it to your browser. This can be useful if you want to process the data in some way. If you set the parameter to true (boolean) it will return data.

[eluser]toopay[/eluser]
Don't mess with ob_start/ob_clean, unless you plan to hack or change the core behaviour!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB