Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Function "form_error" Returning Empty String

[eluser]Refringe[/eluser]
If I swap the load order then PHP starts to say that the form_open function hasn't been defined. I think this is all happening because I'm loading the page that the form is on as a data view (with the third load parameter as true). I'm going to implement a proper template class and hopefully this annoyance should disappear.

I'd like to thank you for your time helping me troubleshoot this. PM me your PayPal account and I'd be happy to buy you a beer.

[eluser]toopay[/eluser]
[quote author="Refringe" date="1310682533"]I think this is all happening because I'm loading the page that the form is on as a data view (with the third load parameter as true). [/quote]
Ah... Unfortunately, CI doesn't have some way to "bind" the function to a view file in the way you do that...
[quote author="Refringe" date="1310682533"]I'd like to thank you for your time helping me troubleshoot this. PM me your PayPal account and I'd be happy to buy you a beer.[/quote]
I do this in my lazy time, so take it easy... Come around if you have another weird problems with CI, there are always bunch members here to share their head with you ;-)

[eluser]Refringe[/eluser]
Just a follow up. After implementing a simple template library the error messages are working fine.

Thanks again. Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB