Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Summer Student?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I made a post and when looking at it to make sure it was up, to the left of the post, it says "Summer Student". Nothing in editing profile shows the ability to change this. If you're reading this, chances are I have been programming longer than you've been alive. Does anybody know how to change this?

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
Is this a joke or are you really concerned about it? It reflects your participation in this community, in these forums. Has nothing to do with your programming experience.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Lol, is that what that was about. Nope, not concerned now. I thought maybe I wouldn't get a response to my other posting cause it (summer student) said I was green. The only thing I'm totally green at is forums... cause I never use them. I truly should contribute back after 40 years of benefiting from being on the growth side of the industry.

The funny thing is, the reason I posted, was the usual Ann Landers write-in thing of wanting to know if what I thought was the reason, actually was the reason. I asked about why scaffolding was deprecated because I thought, it must be, that one had to add some security to it when one used it. I thought that because security has become a bug-a-boo, it got removed. Confirmed... c'est la vie.

The thing is, that scaffolding was a good thing in narrow circumstances. Yes there are better db management tools out there, but scaffolding did an exact job of slicing and dicing.

We keep losing tools to the safety experts that are protecting other people because they don't know how to use a knife without cutting of their fingers. (Just say "Java").

Sigh

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB