Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A display bug at www.codeigniter.com
Exclamation 
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2014, 10:50 PM by popcorner.)

[attachment=30]
When you do not use the fullscreen mode of the browser, change the width of the browser window, you'll see this.
CodeIgniter Chinese http://codeigniter.org.cn

I am unable to reproduce this problem. The site adapts to changing browser window sizes nicely for me, using Firefox 31 on CentOS6.
Which browser and O/S platform are you using?
James Parry
Project Lead

Also works fine for me on OS X Yosemite in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

(12-04-2014, 01:50 PM)kilishan Wrote: Also works fine for me on OS X Yosemite in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Same here same environment.

windows 7 x64 ultimate, Firefox, chrome no issues.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, M5 Inc.

Tested on Windows 8.1 x64 Firefox, Chrome and there are no issues

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2014, 11:07 PM by popcorner.)

(12-04-2014, 12:00 PM)jlp Wrote: I am unable to reproduce this problem. The site adapts to changing browser window sizes nicely for me, using Firefox 31 on CentOS6.
Which browser and O/S platform are you using?

I use Windows 8.1 pro x64 and Firefox 34.0.5.
This bug also occurs in Chrome 31.0.1650.63. And,some webkit-based browser in Windows 7 and Windows server 2008 R2 have the same problem.
And on my thinkpad 8(a touch-screen Windows 8.1 device), Firefox can also see that.
But it works fine in Chrome 39.0.2171.71(and new version of Chrome seems to have better font render methods).
Internet Explorer 11, no issues.

I have found the problem. It's likely to be caused by Arial Bold (Windows 8.1 doesn't have built-in Helvetica and Ubuntu font) and the way that font displays.

The problem is--In Firefox and some other browser, when the font size is 16px, Arial bold's actual height is 1px more than Arial.This makes the first block (Download) 1px longer than the other blocks, and causes this problem.
(but 14px Arial is OK, confusing...)
Like this:
[attachment=32]
[attachment=33]
And this is the same page in the latest stable version of Google Chrome.
[attachment=31]
CodeIgniter Chinese http://codeigniter.org.cn

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB