Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hello - Phil Sturgeon REST Server

[eluser]paulipv[/eluser]
I'm working on an application that requires api, and i have some questions to Phil, if he can help me a bit.

First of wall the auth will be on that way:

API User/pass + API key.

The problem is that api users and API keys will be stored in database not in the rest.php config file.

So my question is the function that i need to modify is _check_login from REST Controller?

Thank you.

[eluser]angeljaky[/eluser]
I have been working on a PHP project recently and I have created an API that will be consumed by mobile clients. I am using CodeIgniter as it provides a nice restful interface out of the box. I am unexperienced in PHP development and especially securing PHP web services. I was hoping to solicit some information about how I should go about implementing user authentication with my API. The information is not super sensitive but I do need clients to authenticate with the service.

Since my clients are mobile devices I'm uncertain how to go about implementing a membership provider model using CI since I won't have the luxury of a session (or do I?). Will my users merely send their credentials each time a request is made using SSL? Can someone provide me with some direction or documentation that might help?

funny pictures

[eluser]toopay[/eluser]
Tutorial from Phil's Blog

[eluser]nikes[/eluser]
I also don't know!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB