Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Questions from a beginner

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi All,

I would like to learn php (and mySQL and other things) I have little experience using it and my only programming experience is VB (don't laugh Big Grin)

I would like to get started and I have downloaded apache web server so that it runs from my pc. Is the appache server able to handle php requests (scripting ?) what about CGI, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET, SSI, Perl, Python.

I ask because i'd rather use something like the home webs server when i start building php pages etc rather then pay for a host (I don't mind paying if I have to, it's not that expensive).

Also what other tools/advice would you give to a newbie like me ? Any of your past experiences that you think might be useful to me ? etc

Feel free to share

[eluser]ghprod[/eluser]
i use xampp for my win7 Smile

you can run phyton just download phyton for window version Smile

regards

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi, According to your post I assume that you are from the windows platform(using Vista or Windows 7 OS). If you wanna develop web applications you need to use HTML,CSS and one of scripting languages.

There are many web programming languages out there to help you inlcuding Asp.net,Python,PHP,Java. But as a beginner I recommend PHP and MySql. You first need to download the necessary tools.Open Source developers name it LAMP or WAMP.what are they?

LAMP = Linux + Apache + MySql + PHP/Python <for linux dev/users>
WAMP = Windows + Apache + MySql + PHP/Python <for windows dev/users>

Personally I use XAMPP for web development.That's the all-in-one software package you need to develop web apps..

You can download xampp for windows here -> http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html

Please feel free to play with the tools you just downloaded.Don't hesitate to ask more ques...
Have fun

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB