Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PDF Generation

[eluser]Pschilly[/eluser]
Hey,

I find myself in a bit of a pickle. I am trying to generate a PDF via Codeigniter for a project I am working on.

I have tried several different library's including dompdf, tcpdf, fpdf, ect... All the normal ones that there are tons of examples for...

The issue is, I am looking for a PDF generation library to take a view from Codeigniter and turn it into a PDF.

DOMPDF does this... But seems to have very minimal support for CSS / HTML layouts in general...

Can anyone suggest a better option?

[eluser]Rok Biderman[/eluser]
Pdf creation in my experience is tricky (read: a nightmare) if you have complex formating. Of all the libs I've tried DOMPDF has been by far the best one. If you look into it, it supports some (for me atleast) pretty obscure css and for my needs it isn't so very basic. I know this wasn't the answer you wanted, just my 2c.

If you find out something better, let me know.

[eluser]Pschilly[/eluser]
Well the project invoices invoices... And that is what I am generating... And the problem is, i can get a perfectly setup and aligned invoice for normal viewing, and for printerfriendly... But as soon as I feed it into dompdf... It all borks. I had to make a different layout entirely for PDF and it still doesnt seem to work quite as well - *sigh*

There are a few other CI based projects (I think) that have had invoice generation... Bamboo / MyClientBase and Phil's "Pancake Payments" but... I couldn't find info on which library they use.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB