Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can you recommend any CI CMS? (Pyro, Ionize, FUEL)

[eluser]Mirge[/eluser]
[quote author="waynhall" date="1312275887"]Thanks. This is just a website that I maintain and develop for some friends of mine, in exchange for weekly vegetables.

I'll be reusing the code on future projects for sure, and I'll keep you posted.[/quote]

Wow... I need that kind of hook-up! I *love* organic, local produce. Now I'm getting way off-topic though Smile

[eluser]ShawnMcCool[/eluser]
I recommend Perch. http://grabaperch.com/

It's not CI and it's not the right solution for everyone. But, my company has successfully updated / created many a client site using it. It is an especially good solution when you have a small budget.

[eluser]gunnarflax[/eluser]
[quote author="Vheissu" date="1312262842"]PyroCMS in my experience is pretty good. However, I have recently been playing with FuelCMS a whole lot more and it's a pretty advanced CMS, a whole lot more to learn than PyroCMS if you want to go changing its internals. Also ask yourself, does it need to be a CI built CMS or do you just need to use something like Wordpress?[/quote]

I want the modularity and MVC approach for the CMS, it's so easy to extend an application when working with CI so yes, it needs to be CI built CMS. Otherwise I would just have gone with Wordpress Smile I also don't like all the dirty hacks which people have to use to get Wordpress to do what they want. Like using blog posts for a gallery and such.

I don't mind it being advanced like you say that FuelCMS is, I just want a CMS which is secure and feature rich or at least have a good way of handling data. Then I intend to do a lot of customizations on my own anyway Smile A big plus is that it's visually appealing.

[quote author="ShawnMcCool" date="1312290557"]I recommend Perch. http://grabaperch.com/

It's not CI and it's not the right solution for everyone. But, my company has successfully updated / created many a client site using it. It is an especially good solution when you have a small budget.[/quote]

I really need it to be Open-Source so that I can make my own customizations without any license issues :/

[eluser]XMadMax[/eluser]
[quote author="gunnarflax" date="1312246766"]I've been working on my own CMS but understand that it's a whole lot of more work than I first thought. I wonder if any of the preexisting CMS built on codeIgniter is any good? Can you recommend any of the following:

PyroCMS
IonizeCMS
FuelCMS

... or some other?

These are the ones I've read up on but I would like to hear some opinions and pros and cons from the community. Please share your thoughts Smile[/quote]

Hi,

I have been working with Wordpress, for a lot of sites, some of those with high traffic, and it's hard to mantain and hard to be able to work with high traffic environments. Now I'm working with Codeigniter as a frontend, and wordpress as backend. The performance has been multiplied by 40, because wordpress starts with 25Mb per page, and some of my siites have more than 80Mb per page. Codeigniter are now with 6Mb per page !!!

Would be preferable to work with pyro or fuel, but I'm still slave of wordpress...

[quote author="XPerez" date="1312296854"][quote author="gunnarflax" date="1312246766"]I've been working on my own CMS but understand that it's a whole lot of more work than I first thought. I wonder if any of the preexisting CMS built on codeIgniter is any good? Can you recommend any of the following:

PyroCMS
IonizeCMS
FuelCMS

... or some other?

These are the ones I've read up on but I would like to hear some opinions and pros and cons from the community. Please share your thoughts Smile[/quote]

Hi,

I have been working with Wordpress, for a lot of sites, some of those with high traffic, and it's hard to mantain and hard to be able to work with high traffic environments. Now I'm working with Codeigniter as a frontend, and wordpress as backend. The performance has been multiplied by 40, because wordpress starts with 25Mb per page, and some of my siites have more than 80Mb per page. Codeigniter are now with 6Mb per page !!!

Would be preferable to work with pyro or fuel, but I'm still slave of wordpress...[/quote]

How do you use it as frontend for wordpress? Isn't that a lot of work?

[eluser]XMadMax[/eluser]
[quote author="gunnarflax" date="1312300925"][quote author="XPerez" date="1312296854"][quote author="gunnarflax" date="1312246766"]I've been working on my own CMS but understand that it's a whole lot of more work than I first thought. I wonder if any of the preexisting CMS built on codeIgniter is any good? Can you recommend any of the following:

PyroCMS
IonizeCMS
FuelCMS

... or some other?

Hi,

Would be preferable to work with pyro or fuel, but I'm still slave of wordpress...[/quote]

How do you use it as frontend for wordpress? Isn't that a lot of work?[/quote]

Making access directlly to data base. I have tried to have wordpress access from Codeigniter, but still too heavy. You must to define each model to access data base tables, posts, posts metas, thumbnails, comments, users, etc... once you have it, you will have the ability to show all posts contents.

Though that is not exactly what I'm looking for it's very interesting Smile Do you have any source code available?

[eluser]Mirge[/eluser]
[quote author="gunnarflax" date="1312293021"][quote author="Vheissu" date="1312262842"]PyroCMS in my experience is pretty good. However, I have recently been playing with FuelCMS a whole lot more and it's a pretty advanced CMS, a whole lot more to learn than PyroCMS if you want to go changing its internals. Also ask yourself, does it need to be a CI built CMS or do you just need to use something like Wordpress?[/quote]

I want the modularity and MVC approach for the CMS, it's so easy to extend an application when working with CI so yes, it needs to be CI built CMS. Otherwise I would just have gone with Wordpress Smile I also don't like all the dirty hacks which people have to use to get Wordpress to do what they want. Like using blog posts for a gallery and such.

I don't mind it being advanced like you say that FuelCMS is, I just want a CMS which is secure and feature rich or at least have a good way of handling data. Then I intend to do a lot of customizations on my own anyway Smile A big plus is that it's visually appealing.[/quote]

Every time I see garbage like this, I can't help but /facepalm.

[eluser]Mirge[/eluser]
[quote author="XPerez" date="1312296854"][quote author="gunnarflax" date="1312246766"]I've been working on my own CMS but understand that it's a whole lot of more work than I first thought. I wonder if any of the preexisting CMS built on codeIgniter is any good? Can you recommend any of the following:

PyroCMS
IonizeCMS
FuelCMS

... or some other?

Hi,

Wordpress is hard to maintain? And no good for high traffic sites? So, MTV wouldn't be classified as a high-traffic site? lol you seem VERY confused.

Not sure what you're talking about either with "wordpress starts with 25Mb per page"... and "Codeigniter are now with 6Mb per page !!!"

Please explain that. I'm completely lost.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB