Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Need help with an SQL query

[eluser]Nick Woodhead[/eluser]
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that someone may be able to point me in the right direction here with an SQL statement that I'm trying to create with active record.

The basics of my 3 MySql tables are :

Active_properties[ fla_id, property_id, agent_id, date_activated ] where fla_id is the primary key and property_id is a forieign key to another table.

Listing_agreements[ listing_id , fla_id, commission_rate ]

Purchase_agreements[ purchase_id, fla_id, sale_price]

There can be multiple entries in the active properties table for the same property id with different activation dates. There can be only one entry in listing agreements and purchase agreements for each property where fla_id in these 2 table corresponds to the fla_id of the active property with the most recent activation date. I think I explained this clearly enough, I'm sorry if not.

What I need to get is the number of fla_ids with unique property ids, the number of purchase agreements and the sum of the total commissions sum(listing_agreements.commission_rate*purchase_agreements.sale_price) for an agent id and I hopefully want to be able to to it with only one database request. My attempt is returning the no of purchase agreements and total commissions correctly but for some reason dosnt seem to be grouping by the property id.

Here is my attempt using active record:

$this->db->select('
COUNT(active_properties.fla_id) AS total_flas,
COUNT(purchase_agreements.purchase_agreement_id) AS executed_flas,
SUM(purchase_agreements.sale_price*listing_agreements.commission_rate) AS total_commission
');
$this->db->from('active_properties');
$this->db->join('listing_agreements','listing_agreements.fla_id = active_properties.fla_id','LEFT');
$this->db->join('purchase_agreements','purchase_agreements.fla_id = active_properties.fla_id','LEFT');
$this->db->where('active_properties.agent_id', $agent_id);
$this->db->group_by('active_properties.property_id');
//$this->db->distinct();
$query = $this->db->get();
if($query->num_rows() > 0){
$rows = $query->result();
foreach($rows as $row) {
echo '<br><br>';
print_r($row);
}
}

Thank you very much in advance for any help anyone can give me!!

[eluser]jmadsen[/eluser]
Quote:but for some reason dosnt seem to be grouping by the property id.

Do you mean the fla.id or the property_id?

You are grouping by the first, not the second. Is that what you mean?

[eluser]Nick Woodhead[/eluser]
Hi Sorry about that I did mean property_id I was playing around with different ways of trying to do it and didn't realize I had left that in there.

I did run last_query sorry I didn't post that info.

SELECT COUNT(active_properties.fla_id) AS total_flas, COUNT(purchase_agreements.purchase_agreement_id) AS executed_flas, SUM(purchase_agreements.sale_price*listing_agreements.commission_rate) AS total_commission FROM (`active_properties`) LEFT JOIN `listing_agreements` ON `listing_agreements`.`fla_id` = `active_properties`.`fla_id` LEFT JOIN `purchase_agreements` ON `purchase_agreements`.`fla_id` = `active_properties`.`fla_id` WHERE `active_properties`.`agent_id` = 16 GROUP BY `active_properties`.`property_id`

I ended up just going with 2 db queries for now and getting the right info that way but I hate when I can't get something to work.

Thanks for taking a look.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB