Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Wishlist for CMS in CI.

[eluser]dawnerd[/eluser]
Way ahead of you guys. I built a CMS for one of my clients, and it worked so well I'm planning on publically releasing it.

http://ojaisoft.com/cms

[eluser]CI Lee[/eluser]
Hey Dawnerd,

Your list of features seems quite extensive. When do you plan on releasing it? I am interested to see what you have created.

-Lee

[eluser]dawnerd[/eluser]
I was actually planning on releasing it last December, but I've been swamped with projects. I have to admit though, if it wasn't for CI, I would not be where I am right now.

The cms could use a few more months of development to make it public ready. Right now I have a half-assed administration since I'm the only one that uses it on the client's site.

If anyone wants more detailed information on some of the features, I made this fact sheet a while back. http://dawnerd.googlepages.com/OjaiCMSFactSheet.pdf

It mentions prices, but I've considered releasing a free version.

[eluser]litzinger[/eluser]
So why did I think it was a futile attempt to make a CMS from CI? Because I knew EllisLabs would make v2 of EE on top of CI (it's a no brainer from a business perspective, they were supporting two different platforms, but now it'll basically be one). Now you have a company devoted making the CMS for you, and it'll be a damn good CMS, and whatever additional functionality you need you can make with CI. So now instead of focusing your energy on building a CMS from CI, sit back, work on some paying client work, or your own work, and wait for EE2. Smile

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I wonder if they will release a CORE version like current for the new EE2. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't since EE2 would be far more powerful than the current EE. People wouldn't download CI, since they could get a basic auth system and everything with the core EE2.

Will have to wait and see.

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
I disagree, I don't think all efforts to make a CMS should stop... competition fosters creativity...

[eluser]Elliot Haughin[/eluser]
[quote author="tilzinger" date="1205104128"]So why did I think it was a futile attempt to make a CMS from CI? Because I knew EllisLabs would make v2 of EE on top of CI (it's a no brainer from a business perspective, they were supporting two different platforms, but now it'll basically be one). Now you have a company devoted making the CMS for you, and it'll be a damn good CMS, and whatever additional functionality you need you can make with CI. So now instead of focusing your energy on building a CMS from CI, sit back, work on some paying client work, or your own work, and wait for EE2. Smile[/quote]

I understand what you're saying, and I'd definitely recommend EE for a CMS.
But Blaze, and the direction it's going in, is to have something that's free and opensource as an alternative to EE. For personal use, non-profit, low budget... Those kind of things.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Let's use the browser metaphor, most users are going to use IE, because it comes with the operating system, but FF, Safari and Opera are competing for their part of the user base. Some browsers didn't cut it, Netscape, but there will always users who are not happy with how the "regular" browser works and that's where the others come in. Their survival is based on the features they offer or the licence it has.

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Forgive me, as I haven't read the full thread here, but I wanted to say for the record, we like blaze, and love the idea of it. I don't see it as "competing" with EE at all, and like most of you, admire Elliot's contributions here. Thanks Elliot.

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
yeah I personally think CodeExtinguisher as going after the CMS idea with a different idea, it has a different audience, but kudos on EE2

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB