Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Matchbox RC2

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
[quote author="deanf7" date="1245785889"]I'm really interested in using matchbox for one of my applications, but was wondering if it's still being actively developed? The last official version I could find was for CI 1.6. It looks like folks have found workarounds for CI 1.7.1, but I'm not sure I want use something that's not in active development.

Thanks[/quote]

This topic would help: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/119333/

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
Hi people, I finally got round to updating Matchbox. Smile There’s been so many changes to CodeIgniter that I figured that it’d be the easiest to reprogram Matchbox from scratch, so that’s what I’ve done. There’s been a few changes to the way Matchbox works, so I’ve put up a revamped version of the documentation on the Wiki. Also, Matchbox now includes a demonstration module. This new version is bound to have a few bugs so please test away and note that i do not recommend this version for production use yet. -Zack

Also with the changes that's been made to the way Matchbox works, I'd like for the discussion to be moved to the Wiki discussion thread. (:

[eluser]richfearless[/eluser]
Hi,

I would like to use the MY_Controller(read below) with matchbox, is there a way?

My_Controller manages my layout for me and adding what ever i request in the URL (eg. http://localhost/project/welcome) must display the default layout found at:
c:\wwwroot\project\system\application\views\layout.php

and the content is pulled from the matchbox module up with this command in my layout.php file
<?php echo $this->load->view($this->partial) . PHP_EOL; ?> using the fuction Welcome() @
c:\wwwroot\project\system\application\modules\welcome\controller\welcome.php

i hope you can make some sense from this post Smile

Thanks,
Richard

It does make sense. Smile Have you tried running Matchbox with your MY_Controller? Does CodeIgniter throw any errors?

One thing you might try is setting $config['callers'] = array(APPPATH.'libraries/MY_Controller'); in the Matchbox config file.

Also, I'd appreciate it if you'd use the following thread for future questions. http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/128084/

Best regards (:

[eluser]bd3521[/eluser]
Libraries/Matchbox.php is no longer needed?

I was running the version from Feb 2008 and want to update to the latest version.

Thanks

Correct, now only the extended libraries are required.

[eluser]bd3521[/eluser]
[quote author="Zacharias Knudsen" date="1254478292"]Correct, now only the extended libraries are required.[/quote]
Does last years version of matchbox support CI 1.7.2?

When I upgrade CI to 1.7.2 - while leaving the prior matchbox version - I get page not found for everything but the default controller on PHP 5.2.9/nginx $config['uri_protocol'] = "REQUEST_URI";.

It appears to work with PHP 5.3.0/windows - $config['uri_protocol'] = "AUTO";

I completely rewrote Matchbox recently, in order to have it work with the newest versions of CI. I'm afraid you'll have to upgrade both CI and Matchbox if you want everything to work correctly. Smile

What version of CI are you upgrading from?

Also, please remember that even though I rewrote Matchbox, the way it works is still very similar to previous versions. Smile

[eluser]bd3521[/eluser]
[quote author="Zacharias Knudsen" date="1254520343"]I completely rewrote Matchbox recently, in order to have it work with the newest versions of CI. I'm afraid you'll have to upgrade both CI and Matchbox if you want everything to work correctly. Smile

What version of CI are you upgrading from?

Also, please remember that even though I rewrote Matchbox, the way it works is still very similar to previous versions. Smile[/quote]

I upgraded CI from 1.7.0 to 1.7.2 and now updated matchbox to RC2.

I'm running nginx (with REQUEST_URI) but I get page not found since updating both. If I switch CI back to the 1.7.0 system folder it works again.

For troubleshooting with 1.7.2 if use AUTO instead of REQUEST_URI it shows the default controller for all links (but doesnt load the selected link). If I keep it at REQUEST_URI the default page works but each link off the default page gives a page not found error. I also tried apache instead of nginx (same results)

Have you tried doing a clean install of Matchbox and CI?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB