Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Matchbox RC2

[eluser]pestilence[/eluser]
Post #1 here:
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/64013/

I would recommend overriding CI's default _reindex_segments inside matchbox so this issue is fixed without needing to touch the core file.

Code:
$diff = (count(array_diff($this->rsegments, $this->segments)) == 0) ? FALSE : TRUE;
To:
Code:
$diff = (count(array_diff($this->segments, $this->rsegments)) == 0) ? FALSE : TRUE;

Previous fix posted not needed anymore (the on in this post works just fine.

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
So this is a native CI bug?

Will fix it anyway, but I'll have a look at it myself first. Smile

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
Hey, I'm seriuosly considering changing JTaby from an app to a matchbox module. Just for reassurance purposes: I can provide a download, which people can grab and just drop in their CI installation?

[eluser]pestilence[/eluser]
[quote author="Zacharias Knudsen" date="1196393283"]So this is a native CI bug?

Will fix it anyway, but I'll have a look at it myself first. Smile[/quote]

Yes it is Smile But for some wierd reason there has not been released an update version (wierd) thats why I recommend implementing it (for the moment at least) inside matchbox and overriding CI core function. Smile

[quote author="Zaatar" date="1196428934"]Hey, I'm seriuosly considering changing JTaby from an app to a matchbox module. Just for reassurance purposes: I can provide a download, which people can grab and just drop in their CI installation?[/quote]

Yes, that's the idea behind Matchbox :-) I've made a great effort to make the transition from app to module as easy as possible. In most cases it would be as easy as to move the files from your resource folders into the module folder. Please contact me if you have any questions or encounter problems.

[eluser]idxman[/eluser]
Great stuff Zacharias! As I'm looking to find a new framework the 'modules' concept is one of the 'must have' items on my list. Smile One step closer to CI.

[eluser]gerben[/eluser]
Quote:gerben: Guess what? I got it working smile I’ve made a config file containing an array of directories relative to your application folder in which codeigniter should look for modules. It’ll be included in the next release (it’ll require some more tweaking and testing).

Wow, this is just marvelous! Wonderful, I'll update my app, and check it out! Thanx so much, this will make it even more flexible!

I have still have a question, though: I use the view library (http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/49910/) for calling views, and when Matchbox was called Modular Separation, the two went together very well. I could just call the views like:

Code:
$this->view->load('my_view');

And Matchbox would find it in the module-folder.

But since I updated from "modular separation" to Matchbox, Matchbox can't find my views anymore. I solved it by going:

Code:
$this->view->load('../modules/my_module/views/my_view');

But this is not a really beautiful approach. Is there a way to keep using the two together?

Anyway, you're doing something really exciting here, keep up the good work!

Hm... Odd. Does it work when not using the view library?

[eluser]gerben[/eluser]
You mean when I change

Code:
$this->view->load('settings');

to:

Code:
$this->load->view('settings');
?

Then it works fine of course Wink But this way I won't be able to load view parts into the main view, like:

Code:
$this->view->part('my_sidebar');

And I'll have to change the way variables are passed to the view in my modules. The strange thing is that they both went together well before.

That's wierd.. :S $this->view->load('') is basicly an alias for $this->load->view(), just with some added functionality before the call. So I don't understand why one of them works while the other doesn't. Did this happen in 0.9 also or only in 0.9.1?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB