Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help about setting up my php

[eluser]Wondering Coder[/eluser]
First of all sorry if I'm posting it here. Please bare with me.

Currently I'm using xampp package installer when building my CI application. But my adviser told me to use individual setup for php-apache-mysql. So my problem is to download the correct/compatible php-apache-mysql since I'm in a tight deadline coz I'm having my defense next week. Just don't have time to do a trial and error.

So can anybody share their working setup, I just need to know the version of your php, apache and mysql and also phpmyAdmin.

[eluser]praveens[/eluser]
Use Xampp its easy for you, it will save your time

[eluser]OliverHR[/eluser]
Well a good and fast solution could be run a virtualbox and install a LAMP (Ubuntu is easy).

a)First download an ISO could be xubuntu to get a light environment but with a desktop.
b)Then in a terminal you write:
Quote: sudo apt-get install lamp-server^
c)After install packages the installer will ask you for a couple of settings like passwords

You will get you Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP REady to run, your php html files must be placed in: /var/www

I know that it's more convinient to use xamp or any web server packages. It's just that Adviser strictly said that I must use individual installation. So I can't use Xampp, LAMP, WAMP like those packages.

Could anyone give me their working individual setup for php-apache-mysql not those packages. Their versions respectively.

Thanks

[eluser]OliverHR[/eluser]
Well LAMP is just an acronym for Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP/Pearl/Python, I'm not talking about project's or applications installers who take this names.

Installing in this way is a shortcut for:

Quote:sudo apt-get install apache2
sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5
sudo apt-get install mysql-server

Because the costomization is still pending: configuration of configs files, ini setting, module install/enabling and etc.

Or run in windows is just simple as download installers double click each, next, next, accept, ok. Smile

ok, I'm confuse isn't WAMP and LAMP are web server packages? I mean just one .exe when run it will automatically installed php-apache-mysql, right? If that's the case that's not what I'm looking for. I want those standalone setup/ individual installation.

BTW- I'm using Windows 7 and the important thing is I use PHP 5.3 version.

[eluser]jblack199[/eluser]
it can be a long drawn out process.. but here is a link that'll walk you through it..

http://www.bicubica.com/apache-php-mysql/index.php

WAMP and XAAMP are packages... LAMP is the technology itself as someone else pointed out it stands for Linux-Apache-MySql-PHP/PERL/Python

With linux, using the one-line installer is the exact equivalent of using the 3 line installer. Beauty about linux is that it's a lot easier to install and configure the servers itself but the link above will tell you exactly how to do it on a windows machine using php 5.2 but you can alter it for php 5.3 easy enough.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB