Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Need to upgrade from 1.7.2 to 2.0.3

[eluser]RickRobinson[/eluser]
I need to upgrade a site from CI V 1.7.2 to the latest version, which is V 2.0.3 as I write this. It appears I can skip V 1.7.3 and go to V2.0.0, then incrementally upgrade through 2.0.1, 2.0.2 to 2.0.3.

In looking at the 1.7.2 to 2.0.0 upgrade instructions, I get confused. The directory heirarchy in 2.0.0 is different with the Application directory now outside the System directory, but there are no explicit instructions on how to move it. The instructions say "Replace all files and directories in your "system" folder EXCEPT your "application" folder." It is not clear to me exactly what this means. Some of the files that I think may need to be replaced are IN the application folder.

I currently have two applications in my "application" folder which I switch between by editing the "index.php" file at the root. Each of those has config, controllers, errors, hooks, libraries, models and views folders in them. The system folder has the application folder (just described) as well as cache, codeignitor, database, fonts, helpers, language, libraries, logs, plugins, scaffolding and the user_guide folders.

Now, the V 2.0.0 download has the application folder outside the system folder and it has a number of folders inside it that were previously in the system folder, such as cache, libraries, language and logs.

Am I supposed to rearrange the folders on my current installation to match the v 2.0.0 download and then replace folders by name?

Can anyone give this badly confused person some more explicit directions on how to make this move?

Sorry for my stupidity.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB