Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Does CI Cut it in buisness software?

[eluser]TornUp[/eluser]
Hi All,

Thought id make a quick post to get your views on using CI for buisness software...

I Currently work in IT(in a networking/Hardware/software/development position) so iv got my "ear's firmly to the floor" when it comes to software companys use for their internal duties...

Buisness software(Contact Management, Accounting, Warehouse Management, Quality control, etc..) is obvously a key part of any buisness.

My love for CI is greater then any langage iv come across, but i feel concerned that i will be "bottle Necking" myself if i progress and concentrate my efforts on developing this kind of software in CI...

(realises this post isn't really making sense...)

My primary question is, look at a-lot of companys using web based(not to be confused with cloud based... im talking about cloud based, but also "intranet Hosted" Solutions) software and you see them building it in the warm and fuzzy microsoft laungages(all their systems are on windows, they use outlook, word, excel... why not use .net!?) But i don't like .net! lol...

Do you think i will be bottle necking my career if i become experienced in "building Buisness software in PHP on the CI framework" do you people who use CI day in day out see this kind of software being built using CI?

I obvously know of stuff like Bambo Invoice, and "my Client Base", so iv no doubt the framework is capable of doing what i need it to-do... but is the world ready to employ a PHP CI developer to build their next company critical system?

Your views.

Many Thanks for reading!

Torn.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB