Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Premature end of script headers on form submission

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi guys, I'm receving a 500 Internal Server error on form submission.

The form uses post as method and the action is on the same page. It's address is
Code:
index.php/controller/edit/id

where edit is the controller method and the id is a numeric parameter.

Code:
function edit($id)
    {

if($this->input->post('save')){

$this->form_validation->set_rules(Category::NAME, Category::NAME, 'trim|required|alpha_dash');
            $this->form_validation->set_rules(Category::PERCENTAGE, Category::PERCENTAGE, 'trim|required|numeric');
            $this->form_validation->set_rules(Category::AVAILABLE, Category::AVAILABLE, 'trim|numeric');
            if($this->form_validation->run())
            {
                $category_array = array(
                    Category::CATID =>  $id,
                    Category::NAME  =>  $this->form_validation->set_value(Category::NAME),
                    Category::PERCENTAGE  =>  $this->form_validation->set_value(Category::PERCENTAGE),
                    Category::AVAILABLE  =>  $this->form_validation->set_value(Category::AVAILABLE) ? 1 : 0,
                );
                if($this->category->update($category_array))
                    $data['message'] = array('type' =>  'success', 'message' => 'ok message');
                else
                    $data['message'] = array('type' =>  'error', 'message' => 'not ok message');
            }else
                $data['message'] = array('type' =>  'error', 'message' => 'not ok message');

}

$data['category'] = $this->category->get_category($id);

if(!$data['category'])
            redirect('categories');

$output = $this->load->view('common/header', $data, true);
        $output .= $this->load->view('categories/edit', $data, true);
        $output .= $this->load->view('common/footer', $data, true);

$this->output->set_output($output);
    }

As you can see the script is very simple, and I figured out that the run method of form validation library is what is giving me the problem. In particular if I comment the if out it runs well also if in the run method I comment out the return line :O

Any idea on what it could be the problem ?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB