Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
InkType: Call for Features

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
[quote author="Neovive" date="1196549345"]One of the main reasons people seem to select WordPress is the thousands of readily available free themes.[/quote]
Yes, but it's something that I don't understand. It's so easy to adapt ANY html template to WP (or drupal, EE, etc.).

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
@Neovive:

Wordpress has support for file and image uploading out of the box for the back end.

Regarding templates, unfortunately I don't plan to make Wordpress templates compatible with InkType. As Rick says, it's easy... and in my opinion, it's even easier with CI views. InkType will have 5-10 templates to start, and I have a total of 50 that I'll be implementing for the initial production release.

I do, however, have the capability in place to import your Wordpress database (users, categories, posts, comments, etc) into InkType.

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Pages
Post Categories
Page/Post Taggging
Full-site Search
Extensibility (Plugins)
Trackbacks/Pingbacks
Basic Site Stats
RSS Feed

@walesmd - Yeah, I didn't really post the core features -- all of which your suggestions were. Anyhow, I've added them to the list above. Thanks!

[eluser]maadmac[/eluser]
[quote author="mahuti" date="1196542805"]Word press only supports 1 blog. I'd like to see support for as many blogs as a user wants to create. This basically allows the blog to function as a pseudo CMS. Which is often all most people need.[/quote]

ExpressionEngine is a terrific model, here -- everything is a weblog in EE parlance, which you can adapt to fit your needs. Infinitely flexible.

@D13 Are you following the other thread 'Wishlist'?

@maadmac Yes, that particular thread gave me the idea to start this one. I was ready to initiate community involvement with InkType and thought this would be a great idea to start.

[eluser]BoltClock[/eluser]
I made a very quick and dirty Akismet library for my CI app, but I'm not quite sure if it's good enough to be released for public use. If you're interested I could try porting it to PHP 4 (it's coded in 5 now) then releasing it, and you could build upon it for your application.

In any case, good luck on your project!

Actually if you'd like, just send the code as it is. I can make my way through and backport if needed. Email it to: [email protected].

Thanks!

[eluser]BoltClock[/eluser]
I've sent the library and config file to you. Do check your inbox and let me know if you have anything to say/ask.

@BoltClock - Got it, thanks!

Anybody else care to add to the community feature list?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB