Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
InkType: Call for Features

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
InkType is a CI based blogging platform that I've been working on for the past couple of weeks now.

The overall goals of this project:

- To create a blogging platform comparable to Wordpress in terms of features and support
- To create a top notch blogging platform on CI for us CI addicts

To help out beginners understand some basic concepts:

- How pagination can be accomplished w/o the CI library (the logic can easily extend outside of CI)
- How to efficiently build an admin interface
- How to set up a system with different templates/views
- Give an all around general example of how models, views and controllers can interact with each other

And last but CERTAINLY not least (this is one of the most important goals to me):

- To spark more interest in CI and the Community through interest in InkType

What I would like from as many of you as possible is a list of features (any and all that you can think of) that you would like to see included in InkType. What would you like to see implemented in the core application so you don't have to implement it yourself? For those of you who use Wordpress, what do you wish it could do better out of the box?

Thanks in advance! As always, I look forward to your input.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Current community feature list:

* Inline article editing
* Multiple blog support
* Akismet integration
* Pages
* Post Categories
* Page / Post Tagging
* Full-site Search
* Extensibility (Plugins)
* Trackbacks / Pingbacks
* Basic Site Stats
* RSS Feed
* Theming / Templates
* Multi-language support
* ACL, e.g. administrators, composers, normal users, etc.

I will repost this list as the thread receives more suggestions!

[eluser]Sarfaraz Momin[/eluser]
Hi,
It is good to know that someone here is already working on a good project. Well I along with some great people here are together working on a CMS developed in CI. Would be interested to see your system.

Good Day !!!

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
Most important feature:

Make it reliable, unlike TurdPress Smile

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
Go community! Exciting times with modular separation, a CMS, and blogging software all in development.

Anyway, I really like the concept of inline editing (I'm sure it's also called other things). That's where a logged in user can edit content directly in the front end. It's a great time saver since you don't have to find the article in the backend to fix simple things. Here is a JQuery plugin as an example:http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/jeditable

It would be simple to integrate actually. For any content that should be editable inline, the blog tool would just have to:
1) surround the content in a div with the unique id that corresponds to that content
2) add the line of jquery that posts to the php script to do the update
3) have a plugin script that does the ajax update

[eluser]Chris Newton[/eluser]
Word press only supports 1 blog. I'd like to see support for as many blogs as a user wants to create. This basically allows the blog to function as a pseudo CMS. Which is often all most people need.

Oh, and don't forget integration with Akismet for comment moderation.

*EDIT*

I will update the first post with accepted Community Features as the thread receives more suggestions.

(If you don't mind me saying so,) You should update/edit your top post with the features you have interest in as they come in.

Yes, great idea - it's early in the morning here and my coffee hasn't entirely surged through my system yet. Thanks!

[eluser]Neovive[/eluser]
Clean support for file and image uploading out of the box would be a nice feature. I'm always searching for WP plugins for this.

Something that would also be very useful would be support for WordPress themes out of the box (or at least with minimal changes). One of the main reasons people seem to select WordPress is the thousands of readily available free themes.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB