Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using Oracle with PHP and CodeIgniter

[eluser]jabbett[/eluser]
I just spent a few minutes writing up my experience configuring PHP and CodeIgniter to use an Oracle database, and thought it might be beneficial to the community.

http://www.abbett.org/2007/12/02/using-o...deigniter/

It covers enabling PHP's Oracle support, configuring CodeIgniter to connect to an Oracle database, and using Active Record against an Oracle database. It might be useful to anyone encountering:

== "Unable to load dynamic library" / php_oci8.dll errors
== "Use of undefined constant OCI_COMMIT_ON_SUCCESS" notices
== ORA-12514 warnings
== ocifetchinto / ociexecute warnings

[eluser]gtech[/eluser]
thanks very much for that!

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Bravo, thanks Jonathan! This is super.

[eluser]dark_lord[/eluser]
How about in Sybase? hehe... Thanks!

Not currently, but you may be able to use ODBC drivers for it... not sure. Sorry.

[eluser]dark_lord[/eluser]
O I C.. Okay I'll try your suggestion anyway, Thank you very much Mr. Administrator.. Till next Q. hehe.

LOL, not at all wish_bear. I'd be interested in expanding the db capabilities of CI, so if you get very far please do report back!

[eluser]Bhupendra[/eluser]
abbett.org has been blocked reported as attack site. Is there any other site where we can learn codeigniter with oracle?

[quote author="jabbett" date="1196652272"]I just spent a few minutes writing up my experience configuring PHP and CodeIgniter to use an Oracle database, and thought it might be beneficial to the community.

http://www.abbett.org/2007/12/02/using-o...deigniter/

It covers enabling PHP's Oracle support, configuring CodeIgniter to connect to an Oracle database, and using Active Record against an Oracle database. It might be useful to anyone encountering:

== "Unable to load dynamic library" / php_oci8.dll errors
== "Use of undefined constant OCI_COMMIT_ON_SUCCESS" notices
== ORA-12514 warnings
== ocifetchinto / ociexecute warnings[/quote]

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
archive.org has a copy of it from 2008

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
I got a 404 File Not Found error when trying to visit the link.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB