Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Oracle INSERTs failing, but no errors

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
If you have something that you are confident is a bug, please make an entry in the bug tracker.

[eluser]jabbett[/eluser]
Already in there... since June.
http://codeigniter.com/bug_tracker/bug/1892/

OK, thanks. I don't have an oracle db - can you and or the others on this thread speak to the proposed solution in the bug report?

[eluser]jabbett[/eluser]
I'll try to collect the info from all the related forum threads and post a comprehensive fix in the report.

That would be awesome jonathan, and a big help. Thanks. Feel free to contact me personally (derek.allard at ellislab.com) afterwards and I'll move on it as I can.

[eluser]Rufus09[/eluser]
[quote author="tonanbarbarian" date="1196754751"]try using
Code:
$result = $this->db->simple_query('...');

Code:
$this->db->query('..');
Will return a database result object where as simple_query will return a boolean result indicating the success or failure of the query[/quote]

This worked for me. I really appreciate you posting this solution since I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. I tried just about everything I could think of, but I didn't think of this. I am pretty relieved to have finally found an answer to my problem. Thank you very much.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Mmmmm I had the same trouble, so when you run php code, ensure you have no client open (like toad or sqldeveloper), because these tool open a transaction and when you run php code it fails without no errors. Make the next procedure to test your application:
1.- Close toad, sqldeveloper, isql, etc. (or if you are an advanced user, ensure that you have no transaccion open)
2.- Run your PHP code
3.- Open toad, sqldeveloper, isql, etc.
4.- See what happens
Well that was my problem, perhaps it works for you.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB