Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Controller corrupted

[eluser]yongkhun[/eluser]
I need help on this. I am not sure how it happened but I just realized it today.

I have a controller named "Ad". Everything was working fine when I developed the controller. After finished the coding some time ago since when I did not do anything until today, I tried to access the controller function from the browser but it just give a blank page. All my other controllers are still working fine except this Ad controller. In the browser, I viewed the properties of this blank page and it showed the type as GIF Image but it is totally blank.

If I changed the controller name to some other string, for example "Da", then it will work. This is weird and I don't know how to trace or debug this. Can anybody help? Thank you.

p/s: I am using PHP 5.2.1 on Apache 2.2.6 on Win32.

[eluser]champs[/eluser]
The first couple of shots I'd take at this are:
Server Caching: CI only caches by URI and isn't the hottest ticket in town. Make sure that's not on.
Browser Caching: Shift+Reload... open in your non-preferred browser... you know the drill. See what happens, it takes two seconds.
Routing/Rewriting: maybe some unintentional behavior from a regex in routes or mod_rewrite?

Those are my suspects, anyway.

[eluser]tonanbarbarian[/eluser]
If you are having a problem with a controller called "Ad" it could be ad blcking software in your browser that is blocking the content of the page.

If for example you are using FireFox and you have "Adblock Plus" installed (as I do) it may have updated in the mean time and it is now a little too effective and is blocking the contents of the page.

[eluser]yongkhun[/eluser]
Ya, I spent a whole nite just to find out as what tonanbarbarian mentioned. It was due to my newly installed Karpersky software, which has a anti-banner engine blocking the all functions of Ad controller because of the rule "*/ad/*".

Thanks guys for your advice.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB