Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Multilingual Planning Question

[eluser]Steve Goodwin[/eluser]
I've been looking into building a bespoke CMS for the company I work for. I'm currently in the planning stage and looking into how I would possibly be able to create a multilingual site which is fed from a database. The sites will need to be unique of structure and content as different languages need to be spoken to and sold to in different ways.

This gets a bit more complicated as my company wants to localize on the country and local language, the example being Chinese - English, Chinese Mandarin etc etc.

I would need to use the database for ever changing content, but for the buy process and checkout functionality I would require the use of a language file which picks up all of the relevant field, messages and never changing content from them.

How would I do this using the CI language class and could I extend it to read from a database and lang file?

The url will consist of:

www.domain.com/en-GB/content

This is the only way I can think of to get around the separation of Country / Local Language problem. My mental block is how to process it from here using CI while building a CMS to manage this problem.

Thanks

Steve

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB