Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeExtinguisher (Formerly jTaby) version 1.4 Released!

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
ah, i think i now the errors, are you using spaces or tabs to indent? that's your issue. It's also one of the problems with using YAML. try opening your .yml file in Notepad (windows) and using TAB instead of space. Some IDE's replace tab with a bunch of spaces.

YAML is kind of picky, sorry for not making that clear.

Your other errors are caused by the same problem.

[eluser]Late Night Again[/eluser]
I think you are right on that but notepad is doing the same, ill have to test it out on a few more programs

Yes you are right with this, I am using Windows Vista and Notepad and the IDE I am using does this to both of these, I have recreated the file in VIM and it is producing the array correctly now.

man Windows really sux

Hehe I was gonna tell you to use VIM but i didn't know if you knew how to use it and didn't want to drag out the problem Smile, glad it worked out.

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
I like the name! Codex-Tinguisher ;-)

Hey guys, I setup a new function reference for Codex. It describes all the functions, their parameters, and their default values for the CodeExtinguisher libraries. Enjoy!

CodeExtinguisher Function Reference

[eluser]Skinnpenal[/eluser]
Very nice library, clean and easy to get an overview on.

Just wondering, is there any reason why things such as validation rules are not included in the form definition file? Smile

To me it would make sense to define the validation rules, as well as which fields to exclude from database insertion, in the form definition file.

Well, with validation, I wanted to keep it as CI-like as possible. In straight-up CI, your rules are defined in your controllers, so I decided to keep it that way. If I were to put them in with the form definition, then they would have to be processed inside codexforms which would be less transparent. I know, the whole point of CE is to be transparent, but when it comes to something that's already built w/ CI and people are used to, I don't want to make them learn something new.

[eluser]BeingDefined[/eluser]
Here's a feature I would love to see in CE:

DB Preprocessing: Basically have the power to run some codes on the database fields b4 its actually sent to the database to be inserted. Sort of like validation but open to any php code.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Hey BeingDefined,
You'll be glad to know that that feature is included in the new version along with a bunch of new features

[eluser]BeingDefined[/eluser]
Damn, this just gets better and better :-)

Since you have that feature, would it be possible to add a "transparent field" feature? Basically a field that is included in the yml file, but is not used in the table. Its basically a field to help in the preprocessing code, like a checkbox or something.

Please do tell us the estimate time of release because I am DYING to see the new version.

Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB