Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
FreakAuth light and Matchbox

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
Vlad, I will get back to you after the weekend. I took a casual look at the code last night and will take a closer look over the weekend.

[eluser]medium_kreation[/eluser]
[quote author="vlad22" date="1196949581"]..rewrite FAL in a manner that it would appear as CI's std component, such as Session ...

...maybe utilize the CI's plugin facility, just like captcha_pi or js_calendar...
[/quote]

I completely agree with vlad22 ,
though what made me confused is its sample code..
I will request you should separate the sample code with the library.. and provide a standard CI type user_guide. and let users use the sample code for reference.

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
Sorry for the slow response in getting back to the this thread (last minute end of the year stuff at work).

DB_session, Form_helper, and URL_helper are external dependencies of Freakauth_light. They are currently loaded by libraries/Freakauth_light.php. They probably should be listed as base package dependencies in the docs along with instructions for autoloading them or loading them from a base controller rather than allowing the library to load them directly. I'm assuming that questions come up about error messages when the user attempts to load those files via autoload.php or from a controller.

The base FAL package appears to consist of:

config/freakauth_light.php
language/Freakauth_lang.php
libraries/Freakauth_light.php
models/userprofile.php
models/usertemp.php
models/usermodel.php
models/country.php

The above files probably should be bundled in their own archive with separate docs. The balance of the files are the example files, and probably should be included in their own sample package file along with their own docs. This should make it easier for the end user to figure out which files belong to which package.

Keep in mind that the sample code is one possible example of implementing Freakauth_light. This is the code that either needs to be rewritten from scratch for your module(s) or converted to a module(s).

Some choices had to be made by the authors as to what view rendering approach to use for views and a choice was made. There is a similar problem with Matchbox module contributions in general because most people prefer to use their own PHP View or Templating solution. In the future when CI moves to being a PHP5 strict framework, this might change because a Renderer interface could be used by the CI core to allow any number of View/Template solutions to be implemented from a single interface with common method names.

If I was to convert the sample code to a single Matchbox module, I would probably change the view loading code first to use whatever approach I was using for the entire application. The balance of the sample code probably would not change much other than using a few coding approaches that amount to personal preferences on my part.

If I was to convert to multiple Matchbox modules (e.g., User, Profile, Registration, Login), I would probably start with getting the entire module to operate as a single module first, then take a try at splitting the code into separate modules.

----------
One last comment about the use of the country table. For internationalization reasons, I would probably replace the existing solution with a country class, country helper, and country language files for the supported locales. The country helper could then polulate a select list with the country names of the current language.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
We have had FAL working using an old version Matchbox, worked fine with very little modifications (have to ask zack of the specifics). I thiink you will run into problems if you have the controller as a different name to the module, as alot of FAL is uri->segment based instead of using method parameters to pass the data down.

Keep the controller and module name the same, write your own user management code and you shouldnt have a problem at all.

[eluser]bugboy[/eluser]
anyone work how to do this then using FAL and matchbox.

I like the idea of matchbox but love FAL and use it as core to apps i build.

I get this usertemp thing as well but couldn't work out what was needed to correct that from the above posts.

cheers

EDIT

ignore this post

done it and it's working now moved the usertemp to the front and changed the calling from the libraries used.

i'm going to now test the login system and see if it all still works the same.

Cheers for two amazing apps. FAL and matchbox rules

[eluser]bugboy[/eluser]
Ok after looking at this and having a chat with a couple of people on here.

I think the best solution for this is as follows.

FAL is great i mean really great and powerful in what it can do.

What i have done is make FAL part of my core development not move it into modules, it becomes to messy and complicated.
With that done and moded to work with Matchbox(moving a few files around and such). I then was able to create each module as its own system knowing that i had FAL in place to secure my modules if needed. This enabled me to not have to make sure the FAL module was there.

each module within its controllers has two file as an eample.

Code:
module folder structure

controllers
    about.php <!-- front controller ->
    console.php <!-- admin controller ->
  models
  views
    front <!-- front views folder ->
    console <!-- console views folder ->

The console being the admin area for that module.

I edited the FAL content View to use this instead

Code:
<?= isset($page) ? $this->load->module_view($module, $page) : null ?>

and within each module i made sure that i had

Code:
$data['module'] = whatever

it does mean that if using views inside my module for my system i can drop this

Code:
$data['page']= $this->config->item('FAL_template_dir').'folder/view';

to just depending on whats needed

Code:
$data['page']= 'front/view';
$data['page']= 'console/view';

If that makes no sense then sorry but i though i'd put my two pence worth in. see if it helps anyone

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
hey guys really in trouble with matchbox and freakauthlight i love both but can't find a way to integrate them i have made a module called fal and put controller and models adn views in that but still getting error can't find usertemp model i have tried to get that outside but error was same please reply fast if anyone has solved that problem

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB