Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I don't know what's going on with CI

[eluser]Valhallen[/eluser]
First of all, let me say that I'm not an active forum reader, much less a poster. I don't hang around here and perhaps this is why I'm about to ask the following questions:

What's going on with Codeigniter? When will 2.1.0 be released (approx.)?

Maybe there's a thread around here which answers these questions. If so, please direct me to it, I'll bookmark it and read and follow the crap out of it.

It's really difficult to understand github, right now it says there's 4 issues until next milestone. And it's been saying that for the last couple of months.

[eluser]StickGrinder[/eluser]
I have to admit that lacking a real roadmap is what is driving me mad about CI. I'm not talking about an "issued-on-github" type of roadmap, more a "if I must chose to spend my time contributing, how could I know it won't be all thrown away since what I did doesn't stick with what reactor team wants from CI?"

Don't ask me to read UserVoice: if I do so I'll send a pull request that adds a full-fledged ORM to CI2. I don't do this since I know it's not in the philosophy of the FW (actually I contributed some Spark and helped Phil bouncing the idea of a core library), but where is the official goal for the next future version? One that everybody can read and understand, even those new to the FW? We couldn't keep walking blindly, in the silly hope we ALL will be happy with the destination...

JM2C, thanks.

[eluser]TWP Marketing[/eluser]
[quote author="StickGrinder" date="1327329102"] We couldn't keep walking blindly, in the silly hope we ALL will be happy with the destination...

JM2C, thanks.[/quote]

Consider joining the reactor team and working on the direction(s) you see as desirable?
Submit a pull request to create a map of planned modifications, and offer to maintain that map for benefit of the rest of us?
I admit it would mean losing some sleep and some billable hours...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB