Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New Server .htaccess clean url issue

[eluser]blackdogfnq[/eluser]
Hi all,

I have been using CI to code up a new site for a client. It all worked fine locally (index.php/controller) and then on our server with clean urls.

Now that I have put it on the clients new server the clean urls breaks. I also found that www.domain.com/index.php didn't work but www.domain.com/index.php/ worked. The same goes with the controllers. I could append them to a url that had a trailing slash after the .php and all was fine.

So I did a bit of digging and found the godaddy installation guide, this helped bring back the www.domain.com/index.php into working order and I can now pass controllers with the index.php?controller. When I tried the .htaccess for that was suggested for the GoDaddy install it broke the site.

However I would prefer to completely remove index.php if possible.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing this?

If it helps the server is running php 5.1.6. I also tested a clean CI install and it was broken.

thanks.

[eluser]JeffreyRopp[/eluser]
I just got .htaccess working at GoDaddy.
Check out my notes and code here:

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/60797/

I hope this helps,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

It did work to some extent. I am not using a GoDaddy server, it is a one that the clients IT Company has setup on their behalf.

I have run through various options and current I have got it to work in the following fashion

http://www.domain.com/?controller/anything_else

So my problem now is how do I get rid of the question mark????

I have tried numerous htaccess setups but they all seem to break it or say they can't find the index.php file.

Currently my config file looks like this.

$config['index_page'] = "index.php?";
$config['uri_protocol'] = "QUERY_STRING";

I hope someone can please help me!

If you can I will happily pay you some money through paypal!

cheers
BD

I SOLVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sorry... just very happy.

site is due to go live next week and I just solved my biggest headache!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB