Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
InkType Alpha 2008.01.13.3 Available for Download

[eluser]wemago[/eluser]
good work for a alpha release Smile

settings are not being saved at least here and logout doesn't really logs out.

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
Awesome - please keep it coming! I am taking note of each and every issue posted here.

Thanks!!

[eluser]ralf57[/eluser]
First of all,
my congrats for your work.
Anyway, i don't see the need to have a Wordpress clone built on CI.
If you like how WP is done and feels, just use it.
Every effort should be put to build something original, even a blog platform, bringing new ideas.
Just my 2 cents.

@ralf57:

Thanks for your input! I do admin that right now the admin backend has drawn inspiration from the WP interface.

I've done this for a couple of reasons:

1 - Familiarity. Simplicity.
2 - To get InkType started in alpha stage and out there for input and comments.

The goal isn't to have a WordPress clone - it's simply to build a fully featured free and open source blogging platform on CI. I don't look at other blogging platforms as WordPress clones, and there are a lot out there.

Another goal of the project is to hopefully provide beginners with examples of how things are done (or maybe how things are *not* done!):

- How pagination can be accomplished w/o the CI library (the logic can easily extend outside of CI)
- How to efficiently build an admin interface
- How to set up a system with different templates/views
- Give an all around general example of how models, views and controllers can interact with each other
- To help show that CI is as kick-ass of a framework as it claims to be!

Along with all of this, I am planning on learning a *TON* from you guys with your input, comments, ideas, bug reports and all of that fun stuff. I would like this to be as much of a community project as it can be, and I think InkType has a big future ahead of it!

[quote author="BoltClock" date="1197490506"]- Not a suggestion for InkType itself, but perhaps we should start a mini design contest here at CI among ourselves and see which theme ends up as InkType's default theme! Originality would make InkType stand out a little Smile
[/quote]

Personally I think that could be a fun idea. What does everybody else think? I am not a designer - nor do I care to be. I am lucky if I get out the front door dressed half-ass coherently -- colors and design and all that just isn't my thing. Typically what I do is use open source CSS templates from sites such as this one: http://www.openwebdesign.org. This gives me the time to concentrate on the engine of it all, which is where I get my kicks.

Anyway, great idea. Maybe there will be enough interest here to spark it to life. Thoughts, everybody?

[eluser]wemago[/eluser]
go for it, its my opinion about that, it's a really funny idea to see
what is going to come from the users Wink

InkType alpha01.1 has been released. See first post in this thread or my signature link for the changelog.

[eluser]BoltClock[/eluser]
[quote author="Developer13" date="1197501337"]I am not a designer - nor do I care to be. I am lucky if I get out the front door dressed half-ass coherently -- colors and design and all that just isn't my thing. Typically what I do is use open source CSS templates from sites such as this one: http://www.openwebdesign.org. This gives me the time to concentrate on the engine of it all, which is where I get my kicks.

Anyway, great idea. Maybe there will be enough interest here to spark it to life. Thoughts, everybody?[/quote]

Your username isn't Designer13 so I understand you there Tongue

Once enough people agree to this idea (hopefully) we'll probably discuss it in a separate thread Big Grin

[eluser]fredwu[/eluser]
I wouldn't mind designing some templates for it! :-)

* El Forum goes back to designing templates for Wordpress...

[eluser]Thoer[/eluser]
It's getting a lot better, but yesno_helper.php still has that illegal 'bool' in it:
Code:
<?

function yesno(bool $value) {

if ($value == TRUE) {
        return ("Yes");
    }

else {
        return ("False");
    }

}

?>

Someone also mentioned that using '<?' is a bad habbit and I would also like to see '<?php'-s instead, but still, you did a great job! Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB