Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ckeditor issues with CI (js doesn't seem to be picked up)

[eluser]lanzd[/eluser]
I followed the instructions off of http://nukium.com/developpement-php/code...deigniter/ even used the exact same code and naming conventions and It seems the javascript just isn't getting called correctly. I get the two textareas, but no ckeditor features. I think my paths to the javascript code are wrong, but I am new to CI and don't know exactly where my code if being run from, so I don't know how many ../'s I need to get to the js code (I tried none, 1, 2, and even 3 with no luck).

My controller is here: var/www/codeigniterTest/application/controllers/admin_editsection.php
My view is here: var/www/codeigniterTest/application/views/admin_editsection.php
My Ckeditor helper file is here var/www/codeigniterTest/application/helpers/ckeditor_helper.php
My Ckeditor files are here var/www/codeigniterTest/js/ckeditor/

I thought all my files are running from whatever controller they used. So when defining the path in the controller I would assume ../../js/ckeditor would have been correct as opposed to what the tutorial used which was just js/ckeditor.

Neither work and as the tutorial stated I changed the lines

Code:
class Admin_editsection extends Controller {
to
Code:
class Admin_editsection extends CI_Controller {

and

Code:
parent::Controller();
to
Code:
parent::__construct();

The rest of my code is exactly the same as on the link I followed.

Am I using the wrong path when defining the ckeditors or is the issue something else.

Thank you, lanzd

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB