Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DataMapper ORM v1.8.2

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
Hmmm... So here you have an RDBMS that supports bigint's, but don't deliver a driver that can pass those to the application layer. Sounds like Microsoft...

If you run a standard $this->db query on that table, how are those bigints returned when using a 32bit environment? As strings?

[eluser]diZzyCoDeR[/eluser]
Lol, yes, sounds like them.

I was going to try 2 things:

1) setup a system DSN on the web server and see how it passes the BIGINT through ODBC driver, but, not hopeful about that, b/c the limitation is PHP. But if I can get the (unsupported) 64 bit PHP binaries working w/ IIS and 64 bit ODBC driver, that should work.
2) as you suggested, a standard query should return ID as FLOAT. PHP is supposed to account for large numbers automatically.

The upshot is that this straw has broken the camels back and I may just get my 64 bit REHL box! YIPEE! *passes out cigars*

[eluser]toadies[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1328169209"]This works, but fires an awful lot of queries.

If you need related information and you need to loop over a resultset, it's usually best to add the required fields to the query using include_related().
[/quote]

I am not sure where to put include_related()? I would think I still have to select for each loop results.

[quote author="WanWizard" date="1328169209"]
Also note that Datamapper does not support threeway relations. Functionally it works fine, as you have noticed, but the relational logic can not deal with it.

Which means that if you delete a parent record, Datamapper will delete the relationship record that links the parent to the other tables. Regardless of the fact that the other two tables still need that record to define the relationship between them.

You have to be aware of this fact.

If you want to do this the safe way, include the relationship table as a normal table. Make a model for it, and define the relationship between the three models and the relationship model as one-to-many.[/quote]

My 3 models (customer, equipment, manufacturer) has $has_many = array('customers_equipments'); and customers_equipments model has $has_one = array('customer','equipment','manufacturer'); Is this what you mean to prevent the delete relationships?

Can you or someone please share with me the best way to use datamapper to recreated this query? I don't necessary need customer model just need to a where clause for customer_id

Code:
SELECT c.id, e.id, e.equipment_type, c_e.manufacturer_id, c_e.model_name FROM (customers c, equipments e) LEFT OUTER JOIN customers_equipments c_e ON c.id = c_e.customer_id AND e.id = c_e.equipment_id WHERE c.id=1;

results
Code:
+----+----+------------------------+-----------------+--------------+
| id | id | equipment_type         | manufacturer_id | model_name   |
|  1 |  1 | Pump                   |               1 | Turbo Jet    |
|  1 |  2 | Booster Pump           |               2 | Filter 10000 |
|  1 |  3 | Filter                 |            NULL | NULL         |
|  1 |  4 | Heater                 |            NULL | NULL         |
|  1 |  5 | Chlorinator            |            NULL | NULL         |
|  1 |  6 | Salt System            |            NULL | NULL         |
|  1 |  7 | Cleaner                |            NULL | NULL         |
|  1 |  8 | Blower Motor           |            NULL | NULL         |
|  1 |  9 | Control System         |            NULL | NULL         |
|  1 | 10 | Skimmer                |            NULL | NULL         |
|  1 | 11 | Light                  |            NULL | NULL         |
|  1 | 12 | Aux Pump               |            NULL | NULL         |
|  1 | 13 | Clean Filter Pressurer |            NULL | NULL         |
|  1 | 14 | Last Filter Clean      |            NULL | NULL         |
|  1 | 15 | Pool Capacity          |            NULL | NULL         |

[eluser]Frank Wong[/eluser]
To help those setting up DM from sparks, a small things to lookout for.

If you are using a case sensitive system like linux, make sure you fix the incorrect case for the extensions_path in the config/datamapper.php file.

Change from
Code:
$config['extensions_path'] = '../sparks/Datamapper-ORM/1.8.2/extensions';

to

Code:
$config['extensions_path'] = '../sparks/DataMapper-ORM/1.8.2/extensions';

I am not sure if the same typo is in github.

@Frank Wong,

Good remark, I'll check.

@toadies,

Try something like
Code:
$c = new Customer();
$c->select('id')
    ->include_related('equipment', array('id', 'equipment_type'))
    ->include_related('customer_equipment', array('manufacturer_id', 'model_name'))
    ->where('id', 1)
    ->get();

[eluser]toadies[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1328347295"]@toadies,

Try something like
Code:
$c = new Customer();
$c->select('id')
    ->include_related('equipment', array('id', 'equipment_type'))
    ->include_related('customer_equipment', array('manufacturer_id', 'model_name'))
    ->where('id', 1)
    ->get();
[/quote]

Hello, thank you for the above code.
The above query only shows the 2 items logged in the customers_equipments table, but I want to show all the equipments that a customer could possibly have. It would be blank(NULL) on the webpage.

Because DataMapper is about relations, is does a LEFT OUTER join. It isn't made to retrieve stuff that isn't related.

If you need this output, just add a custom method to your model:
Code:
public function mycomplexquery()
{
    return $this->query("put your SQL here");
}
As long as the query returns at least the id column of the current model table, this will work fine, and your object will be populated as usual.

[eluser]pbflash[/eluser]
Will DataMapper work with an EAV table? If so how would I setup the relationships.

Depends on how you implement EAV.

In the end, it's about tables, so as long as you obey the DataMapper rules for key fields (id for the primary key, <something>_id for foreign keys), you'll be fine.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB