Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
(solved) IE 9 losing session data

[eluser]jjhii[/eluser]
define('CI_VERSION', '2.0.3');

I have a basic login page which works fine most of the time. Since taking the site live some users are complaining and I found one computer here that has the same problem. (note I have not reproduced on firefox but have not tried many computers either)

Ok the user logs in and the system saves the data using the save session functions. I then go to another page that shows the session data but there is no extra data.

Save data
$this->session->set_userdata('username', 'xxx');
$this->session->set_userdata('isloggedin', 'xxx');

show data
print_r($this->session->all_userdata());

Array ( [session_id] => b0fe30bc221114199e121d21e7a62f9c [ip_address] => x.x.x.x[user_agent] => Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .N [last_activity] => 1322757568 ) 1

note also if I put the set_userdata and the all_userdata on the same page it shows the data so the data is saved. Also if I look at the cookies with F12 the data is in the cookies so it is there.

Also note that for a while last night when I was testing the computer here that does not work worked for a while, go figure! Does not work this morning again.

Any clue why the session data is not being read on page refresh?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I had similar issues.

Nothing had been changed on the client side.

What had happened is that I moved the website to a new server and IE had cookies from the old server and wasn't happy with a new ip address.

Cleaning out of cookies on IE cache resolved the issue.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB