Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Compiling Codeigniter App to Windows Executable Advice

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi All,

I'm a seasoned PHP developer, and since discovering CI have been entirely reliant on it for all of my applications as I enjoy it so much.

I've developed a few applications which my colleagues at work could do with using. It's impractical to have a local web server running and the data being manipulated is too sensitive to host online, so i've been looking into compiling the application to distribute on our shared server as an executable.
I've already seen all the pros and cons of doing this, but it is an avenue I would like to explore. I have resided myself to the fact I will most probably using SQLLite or FSQL, both of which i'll have to spend some time familiarising myself with.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience compiling CI apps successfully, and what tools you used. I've found ZZEE PHPexe which has a sample of CI 1.6.3 being successfully compiled (although I can't get 2.1 to work - the compiled app can't find the system folder even when playing about with what the ZZEE sample says to do).

Any thoughts anyone?

Cheers, Mike.

[eluser]kyoujin[/eluser]
Hey, how did it worked with winbinder? and did u tested againsted some heavy build (hooks,autoloads,drivers,remaping,routing etc)?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

To no avail i'm afraid.

The issue was with the version of CI - I had to get an old version from Source Forge for it to work straight out the box, and there is nothing on the net to get WinBinder to work with a newer version (and I don't poses the necessary skill to attempt it).

Autoload and everything that just extends the CI core/utilises standard PHP functions works just fine, I didn't have any prominent hooks in use though.

With that, there were alot of the newer more helpful libraries missing but that was a quick fix.

The next biggest issue for me was how difficult it was to get some form of database support. I finally gave up, got a good MySQLi library for CI and that worked like a dream.

M

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB