Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to upload images path to database

[eluser]swgj19[/eluser]
I read a post on this, however I am just learning this. I have completed the ci from scratch day 9 tutorial and know how to upload images to a directory in my root outside of applications folder. That was easy going.

Now I would like to learn how to upload the image path to my database fields. I know that I have to have an array and pass array $config to the upload library and to $this->db->insert('table_name', $data). Something like that. I also no that my table names have to be the same as variables that will be posted. I also know that I would have to get rid of the get images function and make a new get_images_db function. I found this topic thread and tried to implement the code, but I do not understand. I also read the file upload class as well.

I am more than willing to spend hours on this and do all the coding, I just need to be directed in the right direction. Thanks.

My controller:

Code:
<?php
class Gallery extends CI_Controller {      

function index() {          //class is same name as controller name

$this->load->model('Gallery_model');    //Have to load model to execute code on line 9 with do_upload function

if ($this->input->post('upload')) {     //post name from form from view
   $this->Gallery_model->do_upload();    //Gallery_model will handel upload.
  }

$data['images'] = $this->Gallery_model->get_images(); //get images to pass to the view

$this->load->view('gallery_view', $data);   //load gallery_view

}

}
My Model:

Code:
<?php
class Gallery_model extends CI_Model {

var $gallery_path;
var $gallery_path_url;

function Gallery_model() {
  parent::__construct();

$this->gallery_path = realpath(APPPATH . '../images');     //APPPATH is a constant and set to the path of the application folder
  $this->gallery_path_url = base_url(). 'images/';      //realpath function in php cleans up messy paths
}

function do_upload() {

$config = array(
   'allowed_types' => 'JPEG|jpg|jpeg|gif|png',
   'upload_path' => $this->gallery_path,
   'max_size' => 2000             //size in kilobytes
  );

$this->load->library('upload', $config);        //initialize the library with config parameter
  $this->upload->do_upload();            //Performs upload function above, uploads and saves to the path
  $image_data = $this->upload->data();         //upload data function

$config = array(
   'source_image' => $image_data['full_path'],       //source_image is path of the uploaded image. full path is a key of the array
   'new_image' => $this->gallery_path . '/thumbs',      //set path for new image in thumbs folder
   'maintain_ration' => true,
   'width' => 150,
   'height' => 100
  );

$this->load->library('image_lib', $config);        //load image library
  $this->image_lib->resize();            //call the resize function

}
function get_images() {

$files = scandir($this->gallery_path);         //scandir is php function, pass gallery path to $files
  $files = array_diff($files, array('.', '..', 'thumbs'));    //takes two arrays and calculates difference

$images = array();

foreach ($files as $file) {
   $images []= array (
    'url' => $this->gallery_path_url . $file,      //reference image path and filename
    'thumb_url' => $this->gallery_path_url . 'thumbs/' . $file  //reference thumbs path and filename
   );
  }

return $images;
}

}

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB