Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New Project Uploader (Single Click Deploy)

[eluser]Clooner[/eluser]
Here is an updated version of the first single click deploy mechanism (old version). I got frustrated by the time it took to upload everything everytime even by excluding many directories and files. Now I simply run the extended upload once and then one file is generated which contains hashes for all the files in the project. The next time you upload your project it only takes 1-5 seconds instead of the 2 minutes.

Download the updated version here (forum file upload doesn't seem to work)

How it works?
1. Simply drop this file, transfer.php into your controller directory.
2. Update the configuration settings in transfer.php to suit your project.
3. Call the controller from your browser at http://localhost/project_dir/index.php/transfer/index
4. Select the execute option.
5. At first all the files are uploaded, excluding everything in the exclude array.
6. Next time you run the transfer, only the files with a different hash are uploaded.

Why is this tool useful?
1. Simplest way to upload your project to your testing or production environment
2. Only uploads what is changed.
3. It's written in php, so you can easily make it suit your needs, like syncing db between environments
4. It's a single click to deploy your website and most project deployments only take <5 seconds now even with thousands of files.
5. No more manual drag and dropping of files.
6. It really is a quick deploy mechanism without the use of difficult tools, any tools for that matter.

Let me know what you think of the updated version!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB