Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Trouble with CI tutorial using EasyPHP.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Greetings all.
Having a problem with the CI tutorial on the 'creating news' section.
I have followed along with the instructions and all went well until that section. I can view the 'index.php', the 'about.php', the 'news.php', and even the 'create php'. When I fill out the form fields and submit, I am directed to php's 404 and not the 404 within codeigniter.
my thoughts are the routing is correct as I can view the pages that I point the browser to. The DB(mysql) is configured correctly as I can view the seed entries that I installed via the 'news.php view.
I have been through the forums here to see where my error could lie, have been through the CI user_guide, have been to the barber to have my hair re-glued into place.
Here is my Success view (where I recieve a 404 error message upon submit.)

Code:

<html>

<head>

<title>Create News Item-CodeIgniter 2 Tutorial</title>

</head>

<body>

<h1>CodeIgniter 2 Tutorial</h1>

<h2>Create a News Item</h2>

&lt;form action="http://127.0.0.1:8080/index.php/news/create" method="post" accept-charset="utf-8"&gt;

<label for="title">Title</label>

&lt;input type="text" name="title" /&gt;&lt;br/>&lt;!--To trouble shoot at a later point in time!!!

Input "type" ??input or text. I think type="input" is invalid here. Changed to "text" for time being. Check helper->form(on this one)  --&gt;

<label for="text">Text</label>

&lt;textarea name="text"&gt;&lt;/textarea><br/>

&lt;input type="submit" name="submit" value="Create News Item" /&gt;

&lt;/form&gt;

<strong>&copy; 2011</strong>

&lt;/body&gt;

&lt;/html&gt;
Any help would be most appreciated.
I am installed on c:/easyphp/www/, but think that my paths are are in the correct order.
My coding history in a nutshell--&gt; I can write 'Hello World' multiple times.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB