Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can you recommend any CI CMS? (Pyro, Ionize, FUEL)

[eluser]waynhall[/eluser]
:bug:

[eluser]Mirge[/eluser]
[quote author="waynhall" date="1312430652"]I have used them, and I never called them crap. They are for Content Managers who don't want to see any html, and developers who like a project that takes months to build so that have job security.[/quote]

lol, so wordpress isn't good and shouldn't be used (your words)... but it's not crap.

How long have you been doing web development? My clients DON'T want to fuss with HTML & CSS. They want to focus on what's important to them: making money.

And again, your claim of "developers who like a project that takes months to build so that they have job security" is absurd. You admitted you've never built any large-scale projects, or worked on any high-traffic sites.

MTV site took less than 2 months. Been doing web dev for 12 years.

[eluser]waynhall[/eluser]
:coolsmirk:

[eluser]XMadMax[/eluser]
[quote author="gunnarflax" date="1312303763"]Though that is not exactly what I'm looking for it's very interesting Smile Do you have any source code available?[/quote]

Not for the moment, I'm porting a personalized wordpress, but in two months I will make a general post classes. I hope to share this when finished.

[eluser]ToddyBoy[/eluser]
I've been building sites and apps in CI for a while. Up until now, my clients haven't had the need for a CMS. Before it gets to the point where I am asked by a client for their site to be in a CMS, have a blog and cutom development, I thought I would start researching my options.

Has anyone used any of the CI CMS options mentioned throughout this thread, and added custom apps/widgets/modules/whatever? How easy was it?

[eluser]goFrendiAsgard[/eluser]
@ToddyBoy :
Have a look at https://github.com/goFrendiAsgard/No-CMS
Once you've install it in your computer you can easily add widget and modules.

There are 2 kinds of widget :
- the static one <-- you can just paste a javascript or whatever into it.
- the dynamic one <-- you can add your own logic there.

To add a module, you can make it in /modules directory. You can also add some logic during installation.

[eluser]web-johnny[/eluser]
[quote author="goFrendiAsgard" date="1327128735"]@ToddyBoy :
Have a look at https://github.com/goFrendiAsgard/No-CMS
Once you've install it in your computer you can easily add widget and modules.

There is 2 kinds of widget :
- the static one <-- you can just paste a javascript or whatever into it.
- the dynamic one <-- you can add your own logic there.

To add a module, you can make it in /modules directory. You can also add some logic during installation.[/quote]
LIKE LIKE LIKE! I like your new name.

And your logo is pretty minimal and smart ;-) I think the idea to have a "No-CMS" and custom your CMS with your needs its the best way to work. If you want to use CMS, why to use codeigniter? The only obvious reason is to make changes by your own. So why to not install a "No-CMS" ... CMS and start with this and create your custom CMS with your needs?

Great idea.

[eluser]goFrendiAsgard[/eluser]
[quote author="web-johnny" date="1327148121"]
LIKE LIKE LIKE! I like your new name.

And your logo is pretty minimal and smart ;-) I think the idea to have a "No-CMS" and custom your CMS with your needs its the best way to work. If you want to use CMS, why to use codeigniter? The only obvious reason is to make changes by your own. So why to not install a "No-CMS" ... CMS and start with this and create your custom CMS with your needs?

Great idea.[/quote]

Thank you for your support Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB