Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI-based Wiki?

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
It's not really true that you would 'learn nothing' but grabbing an existing engine and using it. You would still have to dig into the core code to understand and further extend the engine.

Not a bad idea to make the seperator configurable. No reason not to do that.

As far as the license goes, I've never read (and probably wouldn't understand) any of the existing licenses. GPLv2 may fit the bill. Seems pretty standard fare.

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
Maybe a stupid question, but why develop something that's already plenty of? Because there's nothing out there CI-based? If so, what's the advantage of that?

(just trying to understand the how and why, I'm not being critical)

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
1.) To expand my own (limited) knowledge of CodeIgnoter
2.) To address concerns put forth by other Wiki software (lack of...)
3.) To develop a piece of software that is as simple to install as, say.. DokuWiki or even TurdPress (Sorry. WordPress). (And even dokuwiki isn't that easy to get going if you aren't familiar with how file permissions work).

For the most part, wiki software is extremely difficult to install. MediaWiki is a huge pain, PHPWiki is a poorly written clod of software that doesn't even work in many cases, etc.

DokuWiki is purely file-based, which in fine in most situations, but in general (code-wise) it's easier to deal with a database for datastorage/retrieval.

As much as I hate reinventing the wheel, this wheel seems to be square. I'd like to round the edges a bit.

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
Just a small update.

Had some time today and started working on some prototype code. Was wrapped up in finishing my own little authentication library for OnlyTechNews (ended up side-lining the lib anyway - feel like i'm jumping to far ahead on that one).

Right now it's running on my local dev server with -very- basic functionality. Once I get a chance to clean up the code I'll post it under a subdomain of awpti.org

Hopefully this weekend will be calm enough to allow me drop it on my vded.

Doesn't do much at this point - just working on the output and how to handle the different tags. Will most likely write a full library to handle tag transformation and do the transformation during the insert into the DB and when extracting it for an edit rather than processing the tags on every page load (as dokuWiki does now - I don't like that).

Sometimes I really overload my plate with projects Smile

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
About authentication, it could be great if we could easily integrate our auth lib. Try to provide an API for that, like DokuWiki and Vanilla do.

[eluser]Craig A Rodway[/eluser]
Just slightly off-topic about the colons, but DokuWiki now supports the use of different characters, including the forward-slash. I use it here.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB