Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
where to install with oscommerce?

[eluser]qwertyjjj[/eluser]
The installation instructions say to install CI into the root folder and use index.php
How can I install CI alongside OSCommerce because OSCommerce also has an index.php file?

[quote author="qwertyjjj" date="1329382632"]The installation instructions say to install CI into the root folder and use index.php
How can I install CI alongside OSCommerce because OSCommerce also has an index.php file?[/quote]

Do I just put everything in the application folder?

[eluser]pbflash[/eluser]
OSC does not use MVC coding. Putting OSC into the application folder is not going to work without major changes to the OSC code.

[quote author="pbflash" date="1329753609"]OSC does not use MVC coding. Putting OSC into the application folder is not going to work without major changes to the OSC code. [/quote]

But aren;t you supposed to be able to use CI alongside existing applications?
What if I wanted to make an add on, couldn;t I code it in CI and then bolt it onto the OSC app?

[eluser]pbflash[/eluser]
You can run CI alongside OSC. You need to decide if OSC or CI will be used as the main part of your site. Whatever will be the main part should be installed in the root folder and the other in a sub-folder. I'm not sure how creating an addon with CI would work as OSC already has addon functionality and your addon would need to be coded to work within their coding requirements.

[quote author="pbflash" date="1329755181"]You can run CI alongside OSC. You need to decide if OSC or CI will be used as the main part of your site. Whatever will be the main part should be installed in the root folder and the other in a sub-folder. I'm not sure how creating an addon with CI would work as OSC already has addon functionality and your addon would need to be coded to work within their coding requirements. [/quote]

Presumably you could just add an include in the OSC PHP files to one of the class files couldn't you?

[eluser]pbflash[/eluser]
[quote author="qwertyjjj" date="1329755453"]Presumably you could just add an include in the OSC PHP files to one of the class files couldn't you?[/quote]
I don't think so as CI would not be loaded so whatever CI functions, helpers, etc. needed by that class file would not be available. You would probably need to bootstrap CI into OSC somehow. Try searching for the instructions for integrating CI with Wordpress to see if you can do something similar with OSC.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB