Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
No direct script access allowed

[eluser]qwertyjjj[/eluser]
I just installed CI and went to this address http://localhost/application/config/config.php
but I get the error:
No direct script access allowed

Any ideas?

[eluser]Mauricio de Abreu Antunes[/eluser]
It's a validation created in your php file (config.php).
Read your file. Smile

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
You may also need to configure your browser to allow javascript.

[eluser]porquero[/eluser]
Well, the question is: Why you need access to config file by url?

For security reasons you can't access to php file directly. You must use mvc.

If you look at the .htacess file in the ./application directory you will see why your getting that error!

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1329392712"]You may also need to configure your browser to allow javascript.
[/quote]
What on earth does this have to do with the problem he's having? lol

Because you will get the same error if javascript is turned off in the browser!

[eluser]qwertyjjj[/eluser]
[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1329432600"]Because you will get the same error if javascript is turned off in the browser!
[/quote]

On another note, does anyone actually turn off Javascript anymore?
I think this is just one of those things programmers liked to worry about whereas in reality most people don't even know what Javascript is or how to change a setting so they just leave it as it is.
ALmost every single website uses javascript, jQuery or other nowadays so why would anyone ever turn it off.

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
[quote author="InsiteFX" date="1329432600"]Because you will get the same error if javascript is turned off in the browser!
[/quote]
Only if someone actually set up a noscript element and added that message. And it CLEARLY is from the no basepath bit of code that's at the top of every CI-based application file.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
A lot of search engines still don't use javascript, or only use limited javascript. So, it is still important from a SEO standpoint.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB