Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
$this->conn_id BOOLEAN(FALSE) instead of mysqli link

[eluser]Krzysiaczek[/eluser]
Hi

I was trying to find a way to use mysqli_multi_query and was playing with the DB call_function passing multi_query as a method to call http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...ction.html

it has showed up that it requires link to the database so that's why I've tried to use $this->conn_id which unfortunately always returned FALSE.

I've checked the other site where everything was fine. After analysing the differences I found that on the "good" site there was database session enabled.
After enabling this on the "bad" site - in the config (and creating cs_session table) $this->conn_id started to work as it supposed to do.

Another weird thing for me is that this ci_session table is checked, required and used even if didn't declared to use session anywhere on that bad site, as I'm aware.
Any feedback welcome, also related to multiquery functionality. I found a few posts in the forum but not sure if there is any good extension/library worth using?

Actually I've found somewhere in my old test methods the line loading session library which explains why ci_session table was instantly checked.

Still I can't make $this->conn_id work after disabling one or the other - using the database for session or loading the session from that hidden line.

I'm using CI version 2.1.0

RESOLVED: in my case there was autoinit option disabled that's why conn_id was FALSE

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB