Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
URL encoding

[eluser]emperius[/eluser]
I found out that in CI exists a safe_mailto function whch encodes email address.
But when I tried to search for the analog of this function which will encode url I didn't found anything.

Does such function exists in CI?

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I'm not sure why you want to obscure a url but you can do it serverside with a controller method that redirects you to a url using an id. If you let users add urls in texts that need to be obscured you will have to process those texts to replace the regular url with the obscured one.

Yes I made this by redirect but I thougt tha CI might have a function for this Smile

URL obscuring is needed for SEO

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
[quote author="emperius" date="1198680789"]URL obscuring is needed for SEO[/quote]

Could you elaborate on it some more if you want?

Searching robots browse links to the other sites and thanks to that rating of the other site increases. Rating decreases depending on the link rating to seartain words. However such external links have negative influence to my site

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
So it are only certain words you want to obscure if i get it right? But i guess those words depend on the content of the page?

no i don't want direct links from my site Smile

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I don't know if obscuring helps then because most of the time a referrer the browser/http is send so next site knows it came from yours and if you use google analytics they register the links come from your site.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB