Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
how to exclude independent directory from CI framework?

[eluser]alpineedge3[/eluser]
Hello,

Recently I have been developing with the CI framework. However, I am testing a small web application on my server which will eventually run independently of a framework on another server.

I don't want to convert it to work with CI since the future server is framework-less. Before adding CI, the web app was accessed in a subdirectory like domain.com/webapp/, but since I removed index.php from the URLs, CI is looking for a webapp view. I can change the location of this application if necessary.

I know the first suggestion will be to convert both servers to the CI framework Smile but that will not be possible.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

[eluser]Grahack[/eluser]
Hi, and welcome here AlpineEdge.
I'd like to help but I don't understand the problem. What do you mean by "CI is looking for a webapp view"?

thanks for the response.

I have a few php files within a directory called npscorer, located at domain.com/npscorer. so I'd like for that subdirectory to work independently of CI. Currently, I have my CI urls appear as domain.com/controller (I did away with the index.php via .htaccess).

There is an actual directory called npscorer, it's not a controller name. Inside is an index.php and some other files. But CI is looking for the controller npscorer.php right? That's why I get 404 errors.

So my question is, can I get CI to ignore the /npscorer directory?

[eluser]metaltapimenye[/eluser]
can u show your .htaccess.. ?

i think u can exclude /npscorer in it.. just like u accesing /img outside controler. just a shot.

Code:
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.+)$ index.php?$1 [L]
</IfModule>

<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
    # If we don't have mod_rewrite installed, all 404's
    # can be sent to index.php, and everything works as normal.
    # Submitted by: ElliotHaughin

ErrorDocument 404 /index.php
</IfModule>

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB