Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter is logging errors suppressed with @

[eluser]DisgruntledGoat[/eluser]
Just trying to get my head around error reporting and logging in CI. After a ton of searching and changing settings in CI and php.ini (which CI routinely ignores), I now have the following:

- The 'ENVIRONMENT' setting in index.php, set to 'production' (i.e. error_reporting(0)).
- $config['log_threshold'] in config/config.php, set to 1.

In other words, errors are not displayed on the site but are logged to application/logs.

However, CI is still logging errors when they are explicitly suppressed with @. Is this a bug? I expect that if I specifically suppress errors that they would not even be logged.

[eluser]Aken[/eluser]
From http://php.net/manual/en/language.operat...ontrol.php

Quote:If you have set a custom error handler function with set_error_handler() then it will still get called, but this custom error handler can (and should) call error_reporting() which will return 0 when the call that triggered the error was preceded by an @.

CI uses a custom error handler to retrieve PHP errors and both display them in CI style (where appropriate) as well as log them.

OK so doesn't that mean that CI is doing things wrong itself? CI should be calling error_reporting() and not logging things when it's set to 0.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
If you feel this is a big enough issue (an extra line in your log file), feel free to file a bug report on github.

It's actually a dozen or so extra lines, on every page load. Unfortunately it's from external code I can't (and shouldn't need to) modify. It just makes it more difficult to find real errors. Thanks for the replies though, I'll open a bug report.

EDIT: a similar issue was already reported so I commented on that instead.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB