Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Integrating ckEditor & ckFinder

[eluser]russ_kern[/eluser]
Hi all,

Has anyone tried to integrate ckFinder into a Codeignitor site?

Currently I have all the files in an assets folder outside of my CI system, and call it into the page through Javascript... everything works pretty well this way except for one thing...

When a person uses the ckFinder within ckEditor, I want them to only see the contents of thier own folder which is actually thier user_id which is written to a session array. when I set a variable for it and then try to have the config file for ckFinder pick it up, it doesn't grab the value... I'm assuming this is because the config file is called on outside of the variables scope...

Has anyone tried this integration?

Any help would be appreciated...

R

[eluser]Jônatan fróes[/eluser]
Have fun Smile
http://codeigniter.com/wiki/CKEditor

LOL.... yeahhh... I found that earlier.... was really hoping one of the other solutions I found on the board wold work and allow me to avoid that Confusedmirk:

so is what you're sayin... this is the only way?

Was hoping I could just gain access to my session cookie outside of CI... if I could, that would work....

R

OK... so I have installed have a working ckEditor using the Helper Jonathan cited above... has anyone incorporated ckfinder into it that can get me started on ow to handle this?

Help would much be appreciated...

Russ

[eluser]Jônatan fróes[/eluser]
I'll need to install CKfider. I'll tell you if it works

OK... I have installed ckFinder and I have it working (I'm sure what I did ain't pretty, but it works for my installation)

.... Mostly...

I still cannot get the ckFinder config.php file to pick up the Dynamic id I'm assigning to the folder that the user should have access to.

Anyone familliar with ckFinder enough to point me in the correct direction?

.. I'll be happy to share what I did when I'm done....

R

[eluser]Kobus M[/eluser]
[quote author="russ_kern" date="1285775639"]OK... I have installed ckFinder and I have it working (I'm sure what I did ain't pretty, but it works for my installation)

.... Mostly...

I still cannot get the ckFinder config.php file to pick up the Dynamic id I'm assigning to the folder that the user should have access to.

Anyone familliar with ckFinder enough to point me in the correct direction?

.. I'll be happy to share what I did when I'm done....

R[/quote]

Hi Russ,

I know this post is old, but do you have a sample of your code how you integrated this? I am still struggling to do this :-(

Kind regards,

Kobus

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB