Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI, JQuery and IE6

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
SO after 2 days of pulling my hair out and going nowhere I realized couple of things. One I really hate IE6, two I should test my luck here.. Finger crossed somebody here can figure out whats happening... The thing with the code is it works fine with latest browsers but at the moment, my task is to make it ie6 compatible and being ci newbie it is pure horror for me.. SO far i figured that javascript is simply not loading for view and no amount coaxing, changing $(document).ready(function() to $(function(), making sure if the script path is correct or even type="text/javascript" to language="javascript" in 'view' is making the script load in ie6. Whenever I point ie6 to the view it simply spits out object expected error and just sits there. After over simplifying atleast I am sure now that the script simply isn't loading ... please HELP ... Undecided

[eluser]Otemu[/eluser]
Have you got this page online so we can take a look at the code? If not can you paste some of your JavaScript code, possible that your using a JavaScript method that is not supported in IE6 or could be simply missing something from your code like a semi colon.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
IE 6 is DEAD!

[eluser]aquary[/eluser]
No, IE 6 is still lurking in the world silently, waiting for a poor developer to hit them without notice.... especially in China and a lot of old organization who wouldn't like to upgrade browsers.

Back to the topic, have you checked debugger console if there are any JS errors?.... wait, does IE6 has debugger console? I cannot remember....

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB